Chapter Seven

Carter's P.O.V.

Today, Mam will be discharge from the hospital. She's fully recovered but she needs to take off from work. We'll make sure she'll be back to herself before she work again. Mam seem to forget about Dad cheating cause she looks happy and she doesn't talk about it which is a good thing cause I don't want to see her cry again. Carson's taking good care of mam. To be honest, Carson's a wreck. He got a little bit thiner and has bags under his eyes. But I'm very proud of him cause he's taking care of our family but I think he should take care of himself too. Bella's the same, all bubbly and cute. She keeps on running around and playing. Sophia's not the same anymore. She barely talks. When Bella's asking her to play with her she'll push her away. She's also having nightmares every single night. I know she can see me but she keeps on ignoring me. She'll just stare at me and walk away immediately. I tried to talk to her but when I got the chance she gets up and leave. I feel like she's scared of me too.

Now, I'm in the house waiting for mam to come home cause the girls planned a surprise party. I kinda help them put it all together without them seeing it cause I'm sure they'll freak out.

"They're here" Aunt Nic anounced making everyone stand up and started hiding. Aunt Sarah turned off the lights and hid. Seconds later the door opened revealing mam, Carson and the girls. They all jump when they saw mam yelling surprise which made mam jump a bit and giggled. I smiked to them.

"Welcome home pet." Nan said walking iver to mam and giving her a hug.

"Thanks mam" She whispered and pulled away. Bella immediately ran towards Aunt Kim who has her arms open for her. I looked towards Cardin and saw him carrying Sophia who's head is burried on Carson's shoulder.

"Thanks girls." Mam said making me look at her. She's giving the girls a hug making me smile. The party started. I walked towards Carson and go around him so I can see Sophia's face. I froze when I saw that she's awake and she's looking straight at me. I swallowed and tried to talk.

"Sophia..." I croaked. she didn't respond so I continued looking the floor." I know you're still mad at me and I'm sorry... But please can we talk?" I said and finally look up to her. " Please?" I whispered. She looked at me for a long time before nodding her head. She looked at Carson.

"What is it?" Carson asked looking at Sophia.

"Can you put me down please" She whispered.

"Sure angel" Carson put down Sophia and walk back to me making Carson turn cause he's watching Sophia. I held my hand out for her to take. She stared at it for a while but she finally took it and we walk towards the stairs. I feel eyes on us cause people actually see only Sophia and not me and Sophia's hand is quite raised cause I'm bigger than her and I'm holding her hand so they're watching us and I can hear murmurs but we continue to walk upstairs. I already planned  this talking to Sophia earlier and I manage to unlock my room. My room has been locked since I left and the girls had never seen it so I want to talk to her right now in my room.

We walked towards my door and stopped infront of it making her look at me.

"Are we going in my big sister's room?" She frowned at me. I looked at her and nodded as I opened the door.

"We're not allowed in here" She said to me.

"It's okay" She hesitated at first but then she nodded and we walked in  closing the door slightly. She let go of my hand and looked around. I smiled at her.

" Sophia... I'm sorry baby" I whispered making her look at me then she smiled and walked towards me.

"It's okay now. I'm not upset anymore" She smiled. I grinned at her pointing at the bed. Her eyes widen. I grabbed her hand and we went to the bed climbing on top of it and started to jump. She's laughing and giggling and squirming while we jump on the bed. And it made me smile that I made her laugh again. We collapse in bed cause we got tired. She looks to the bedside table and took my picture. She stared at it and looked at me then she looked at the picture and then at me.

"You really look like my big sister" She said giggling. I just laugh nervously at her. Then she hugged the picture. I smiled at her.

-------------------------------------------------

Cheryl's P.O.V.

Me and Kimberley went after Sophia minutes before we saw her with her hand a bit raised like someone's holding her went upstairs. I'm not gonna lie. It totally freaked me out. So me and Kimba decided to check up on her. We quietly went upstairs and instantly heard laughing. I looked at Kim with a confuse look but she just shrugged. I was about to open the girls room when I notice a light coming from Carter's room. It was open. I looked at Kim who's also looking at Carter's room shocked.

"I-I thought you never open Carter's room" She whispered looking at me. I gave her a nervous look.

"I didn't open it, Her room is locked for five years" I whispered as I slowly walk towards the door. It was slightly open so I can see inside.

"Who opened it?" She whispered as she followed me. I looked through the gap and saw Sophia taking Carter's picture and looking to her side.

"Cheryl..." I looked at Kim and put my index finger on my lips telling her to keep quiet. I looked through the gap again.

"You really look like my big sister" That made me froze and step back. I look at Kim who's eyes are widen. She must've heard it too.

"She's here Kim" I whispered looking at her. She looked at me.

"And Sophia can see her?" She asked in disbelief. My minds everywhere and I don't know what to do.

"I need water" I said as I rushed downstairs making all of them look at me. I went straight in the kitchen and grab a glass of water and drinking the contents of it.

"What happened?" mam asked as she sat beside me. All their eyes are on me. I looked at Kim and she just looked at me not knowing what to do.

"I'll tell you if you all promise not to freak out or something and don't make any noise and no one will leave until I speak with Sophia." I said and they all agree.

I took a deep breath. "Carter's here"

-------------------------------------------------

Is this update okay? Haha Comments?-AC