f i v e » i will wait - mumford and sons

A U T H O R 'S  N O T E 

If I'm allowed to say this, I actually really like this chapter, its just so cute and small and their beginning. 

But let me know what you think.

- Lula

F I V E » 

I WILL WAIT - MUMFORD AND SONS

"So I'll be bold, as well as strong,

and use my head alongside my heart."

I don't know what I am doing... but then again I don't what I'm doing on a day to day basis and I'm usually not even doing much at all.

I had opened my laptop a few minutes ago and am now sitting there staring at the CD symbol on my laptop.

To be honest, I was ready to just wing it; I had been chasing my mind around in circles for the past hour concerning this playlist and I'm just about at the point of not even caring what happens with it anymore.

Before my brain could spin any more circles I begun the next song.

Please don't let this backfire.

» » »

Cold, hard rain pounded down onto my shoulders and head.

I was determined to make it through however, the feeling spreading through my bones.

Surely I couldn't be that far from home.

I usually liked the rain however when your stuck walking home from school without an umbrella in, it's hard to remember why.

The tiny droplets continue to fall from the sky, one after the other, the clouds crying out in a joyous revolt to the sun, proving they can in fact provide, just as much as the light; the water somewhere fuelling the crops to one day meet our mouths.

Yes, there was beauty in the rain.

That's what I kept trying to convince myself, anyway.

Though, I couldn't convince myself that this didn't suck.

I guess beauty just sucks sometimes.

I kept my eye out for any cars that approached so that I could dodge the unavoidable spray of water their tyres created.

On cue, a car had begun to drive up, I quickly jumped to the furthest point on the pathway from the road. As hard as I tried however the car still managed to spray me lightly, though not as much to what I would have received if I had stayed where I was.

"Thanks," I muttered to the car as it sped off, the people inside probably enjoying some artificial heating.

I longed for some music at that moment. Music would make this journey more bearable.

That was when I saw something up ahead that would make this at least a little more fun for a moment.

A puddle, and considering I was already soaked I was definitely going to jump it because what was a little more water right?

It was a few metres in front of me so to get the power I needed to thoroughly enjoy this puddle, I immediately began to run.

With each step the excitement had bubbled within me. I head a car in the distance but I didn't mind; I was about to jump a puddle, nothing could stop me now.