t e n » chemistry - Lund

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

Pretty much from here on out I can no longer breathe bc excitement.

(after this chapter we are halfway through the book already)

Dedicated to @sxreya for joining this story only recently but already catching up all the way to here:)))) and never forgetting to drop me a vote.

p.s check out the song i love it it gives me the feels (especially the intro turn volume up loud to hear the conversation)

T E N »

CHEMISTRY - LUND

"How could you ever feel love

If you've never been hurt"

» » »

He was so nervous.

It wasn't the same nervous as when we first met or our second encounter.

Today, he was the nervous that just made him all the more cute. The nervous that increased the butterflies in my own stomach and the blush that constantly rested just behind my cheeks, ready to make an appearance.

As we walked back to his car, he made sure to keep distance between us large enough to fit a whole person. I could tell that it wasn't out of repulsion but something else.

It might be a stretch but I could almost say that it could be out of the opposite.

I didn't mind the distance though, if he had been any closer I thought I might implode. I still wasn't used to his attractiveness or how much it attracted me.

His car was your typical first car. A little on the crappy side but still functioning. I pulled opened the silver passenger door and climbed in, careful not to disturb anything.

Wes started the car and I could see he was looking for something to say.

"How was your day?" I asked, helping him out a little but not doing a great job; this small talk wasn't going to last long.

"Good," he replied, but continued when he realised it takes more then one word to make a conversation, "classes were pretty average but I survived, what about you?"

"Yeah, good."

There's another moment of silence, an awkward air intercepting it.

Then he laughed.

I smiled, basking in the sound despite being puzzled at his sudden outburst.

I sent a questioning look his way and his laugh lowered to a smile; a big, bright one. I had been right, a small smile could light up his eyes but a massive, shining one only made his whole face radiate, and I was only looking at his side profile.

"I was just thinking back to the last time you were in this car," he started, "puddle jumping aye?"

I laughed, remembering the scenario he was referring to.

"Yes, it is the greatest blessing us mere humans have ever been blessed with," I said, feigning seriousness.

"Of course," he remarks, matching my seriousness, "'tis, the greatest blessing, to ever bless our unblessed existence, should I say blessed again?"