t w e l v e » without you - oh wonder

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E

GAAHHHHHHHHH i like this chapter (tho the actual writing prolly meh)

dedication: @peachyabby- bc they one of our new additions that i haven't recognised on here yet :)

T W E L V E »

WITHOUT YOU OH WONDER

"I'm a little bit lost without you"

Eventually, the delusion slips away, leaving me in Wes' despairing arms.

I don't want to waste away in another second of this cold numbness so I immediately crawl out of Wes' clutch, ignoring his protests and hit play on the next song, not caring that I am not alone, after all, these were Wes' memories as well.

» » »

I was dressed in a high neck, bright red swing dress and it was only boosting my excitement.

I thought the dress might have been a little too dressy however it was my favourite dress and I loved every excuse to wear it.

A casual date doesn't mean I can't look good.

I wore it with a pair of black sandal-like platforms and a small, one shouldered bag and of course, my customary enthusiasm.

I was really exhilarated at this date and I was sure it was shining through every movement I made, no matter how miniscule.

I jumped up from my seated position as soon as I heard the knock at the door and it wasn't long until we had escaped my parents and were in the car. We didn't drive off immediately however. I sat in my seat waiting for him to actually start the car, but I was interrupted when I felt a subconscious pressure that usually signified someone was looking at me. I turned to my right and was met with Wes' vibrant, chocolate orbs.

"Hello," I said for the second time today, this time it seemed like more then a simple 'hello' and I felt a little breathless.

"Hi," he replied, still taking me in, a sheepish smile emerging.

He looked irresistible. He had traded in his usual all black attire for a plain white top that hung from his shoulders loosely under what would usually be a button up shirt that in this case was unbuttoned and sat much like a jacket would with the sleeves rolled up to just below his elbows. The shirt held a black and white grid like pattern matching his dark, faded jeans.

So he hadn't strayed too far from all black but it didn't bother me he looked just as good.

"You look nice," he said, the sheepish smile still resting on his face as he started the car.

"You clean up pretty good too," I replied, my animated smile not leaving my face either. "It's amazing, I can actually see you without your usual all black dress.'

"Ha. Ha." A slight chuckle interlaced with his sarcastic tone as he risked a glance at me before turning his eyes back to the road.

"Can you tell how much I'm bursting with like joy right now?" I ask, not sure if I was supposed to be disclosing this information but not really caring what was proper date manner.

"No, I can't," a smirk replaced his smile, "maybe you should explain it a little more."

I knew what he was doing, I could tell from the playful sparkle in his eye and across his smirk but I humoured him anyway.