Unwanted Guests

The morning was crisp and humid as you rose from your make-shift bed. Really it was just a mattress with blankets and pillows on the floor of a paper factory's storage garage on the sub-floor. It was one of the only places completely secluded from the harsh weather and had extra units where you could store food, water, weapons, and information. The whole town was a desolate place due to the attack in 2010. (Read description for more information)
Through the 5 years of exploration and solo-living you had taught yourself to read, write, fight, and use a few weapons. Basic hand gun, throwing knifes, bow and arrows, and for fun, a taser. The thing is, you didn't teach yourself to speak. You knew very little on how to pronounce words so when you talk you sound quite stupid. But considering your current situation, you were one hella smart 7 year old!
          As of today, you were going to go to the east side of town to search for food. It is a small town but the thing is, you are a small person. There is a limit as to how far you can travel. So you packed up a bag with food and water, rope, knifes, fire starter, blankets, towels and you strapped your hand gun to your thigh. The gun takes up a lot of room, your whole thigh really. But why the gun, you might ask? Let us just say when people wonder into this land, they are not nice people. People with horrible intensions once they see a young vibrant youth like yourself. You have never killed anyone, thankfully. You have killed animals for food though. Books can teach you a lot about survival. That and cook books have taught you how to make some cool stuff. You set out at sun rise for the east. You kept your map and compass close at hand. As you left, you locked up the sub-floor's main entrance and checked to make sure all emergency exits are locked from the outside. Once everything was in the clear you started your long journey. It would take about 5 days; 1 day to get to the east, 3 days to explore and scavenge, and then 1 days trip back. You hate leaving home. You were familiar with that area. That and the factory was about the center of the town. Easy to flee to. The first day of travel was easy with little to no set backs. You made it to the east at sun down and you made camp in a convenient store for the night. Come sun rise of the second day you packed up camp and started scavenging!
Scavenging is definitely one of your favourite things to do. The exploration and danger always gave you all sorts of adrenaline. Even being chased by wild dogs gave you the best of thrills! For the start of the day you had investigated some grocery stores. Sadly, most of the food had been cleared out by other scavengers. Only a few things of canned food and water bottles were brought with you today. Night was falling and you made camp in an abandoned house. You tested out the water system and it surprisingly worked! It is rare you ever find that. That night you took a well deserved shower and made pasta. These days go by quicker than you think. When the sun fell beyond the horizon and darkness took over, you flopped on the couch and snuggled into blankets. You took out your most prized possession. Your mp3 player. A tiny little thing but you loved all the music on there. All sorts of songs were on there in all sorts of categories. The music was on low volume as you drifted into a peaceful sleep.
"HURRY UP MEN!" A loud gruff voice snapped you from your sleep. You jump up and grab your gun. You sprint to the door of the home and peek out to the street through a window next to the door. You saw first a tall man in a nice suit running and supporting another man about his hight with a hat and sun glasses: both of them injured. Just in front of those two men was a young man with a shot gun firing at something chasing them. He as well was injured. Beside the young man was also a huge bear- like man firing a machine gun. More yelling came from up ahead the street where most likely the other men are. The two men firing guns turned and ran to meet the others. As for the other two injured men, they started sprinting up. Soon enough, gun fire came from the direction the other men came from. First came a young man that looked exactly like the other guy but with blue clothing sprinting in with a gun. Soon enough six other men came running in with all sorts of weapons. They all ran too fast all at once for you to describe them. But trailing behind them as that line of blue clothed men passed came two other men. One a tall man with a lab coat and a weird machine shooting out some blue aura at the line of men. The other man had a constructors helmet on and a glove on one hand. Soon enough they all passed. The noises slowly disappeared and became silent. You sank down the door and tucked your knees close to your chest as you gasped for air. You didn't realize you held your breath that entire time that happened. You put your gun down and turned on the safety.
What the hell was that all about?!?!