The Deal

You slept for a good solid hour until you were woken up by the Doctor. Immediately you snap up and panic but it took you a second to realise your current situation. All the memories flooded back in and you relaxed a bit. The other three men were here now standing next to the Doctor.
"Sorry to wake you (y/n). But zhe other men have arrived and I vanted to introduce you. Zhis is Spy, Engineer, and Demoman." All of the men smiled and gave their own greeting gesture. As you looked at Spy though, you can't help but remember him trying to stab you. You glare at him and nod your head to all of them as a greeting. No one but Spy and Medic picked up on your glare.
"You can call me Engie for short Darlin'." You look to Engie and nod your head.
"You can also call me Demo, Lassie." You look to Demo and nod your head again but Demo sounded really drunk- ah, he's holding a whiskey bottle. That answers your question. Medic, Demo and Engie left to talk with the others upon their next course of action, leaving you alone with Spy.
           " 'ou 'ave a problem with me, cheri?" Spy took out a cigarette and started smoking. You growl lowly and take out the pen and note book. You write out 'You tried to stab me.' and handed him the note. He puffs out a cloud of smoke and sighed. " I didn't mean too. I 'as just trying to grab 'ou. My knife 'as just in my hand at the time." You didn't think this was possible but you glare even more at him. You write down a new note saying, 'You are a terrible lier.' You hand it to him and slide off the chair with your blanket. You limp away without seeing his reaction. You limp back to the hallway that the Doctor had brought you in. As you limp around you look out the windows and see that you are on the ground floor of the hospital. You find a door to exit from and limp outside. You find a soft grass patch and sit down. Little to your knowledge, the whole Red team was at the window looking at you. Some yelling had occurred between the members about what to do with you but you tuned them out and looked upon the land. True that the place was desolate and awful but this was the land you grew up with. It's scars make it beautiful. For about thirty minutes you were lost in thought until your shoulder was tapped. Again being spooked, you turn and get ready to fight only to see it was Scout. You relax out of your attack position.
"Eyyy... Ey... Toots. Soo..... uh..." He was nervous and fidgety. Obviously something was wrong. You stand up and wrap the blanket around you. You look him in the eyes, very serious-like. "Ok. Look (y/n). The team and I have decided that where evea' ya got all that stuff in ya pack, ya got mor'. So just take us to the stash and well leave the land alone. Sound like a deal?" You stand there silently for a few seconds. The amount of supplies you have in the storage units would last about a year for you, maybe even two people if used sparingly. But with these men? It would last a week, tops! But the units the supplies are in, are heavily locked. Those units were build to withstand explosions and earthquakes. You can take them to the stash but you don't have to open it. They don't have the weapons or strength to pry it open either. So it was settled. You looked to Scout and nodded. His nervousness dissipated and a wide smile covered his face.
"Aww yea! Ya the best Toots!" He scoops you up into his arms and hugs you kinda tightly. You hold onto him and hope he doesn't drop you or squeeze you too hard. He gently places you down on the ground again and sprints inside. You look around at the hospital and look into a window only to see all of the men looking at you. They all snap their gaze away and act like they were doing something else. You sigh at their ignorance and turn to look out at the land again. Your stomach grumbled at you and in that moment you realised that you had not eaten in a long time. You limped away to find a store to raid for food. As soon as you reached a store just a few yards away from the hospital you heard a large commotion go off at the hospital and all the men sprinting out, yelling your name. Wow! Those idiots! You stay were you are and watch them all run around like headless chickens until Sniper spotted you from afar and ran to you.
" 'oi found her! Shelia, you ok?" You pull off your most stoic poker face and look at him. You turn and limp into the store. He fallowed you and soon enough Scout, Engie, and Medic ran in behind Sniper. You limp around and dig in a few places. After a few minutes of awkward silence of being fallowed and watched like vultures to prey, you found a pack of crackers. You take it out and start nibbling on the delicious bread.
"Oh! She was just hungry! Ya could have just asked Toots!" Scout laughed at you and the other joined in with soft chuckles. You were pissed enough and fed up with them. You simply keep eating and flipped them off. (All profanity and gestures you make you learned due to meeting drunk bastards years before the Red team) Engie and Scout gasped but Sniper started laughing so hard. Medic just grabbed your hand and put down the middle finger.
"Vhat a trouble maker you are, mädchen. I got her from here guys." The rest of the men understood and left you alone with Medic. From there he sat down next to you and sighed heavily. "Vile you please cooperate vis us. Wie are trying our best to make it up for vhat you did for us......... You know. Vhat you did.... Vas amazing." The Doctor gave you a soft smile and you slowly let down your angry and up tight demeanour. After eating a few crackers you were satisfied and stopped eating. You looked to Medic and made a gesture for the note pad and pen. At first he didn't get it but caught on quickly. From his pocket he pulls put your note pad and pen. He hands the items to you. "You really can't speak, can you?" You shook your head to his question but spoke.
          "Kinda. Not really." Your voice was small and frail. Medic's eyebrows perked up and he smiles more profoundly. You continue to write something down and hand it to Medic.
          ' I'm not that important to you guys at all. You are using me to get to my supplies. That is it. I'm not your's or anybody's burden (burden meaning child). So don't go freaking out when I am missing. I'll take you to my base but after that, I expect you to hold your end of the deal and leave.' You sigh and look down as he read the note out loud. All these people and company scare you but at the same time bring you humanity. Being alone for so long hurts but it is something you expected to have beside you till the end of time. The Doctor simply folded the note and put it in his pocket. He didn't say anything or show any emotion. After that he wrapped you in the blanket and picked you up. He brought you back to the hospital and set you down inside on the medical table you were originally on. He left you without a word. You watched as he left you to go back to the others. As you watched him leave a sickening feeling started to bubble in your stomach. A longing to be back in his or anyone's company. But you found yourself alone again.