From Here to There

The day had come. At five a.m. this morning, Soldier, Scout and Pyro left to scout ahead in one car. As for you and the others, took the white van and Sniper's camper and left at six a.m. Spy, Medic, and Sniper, were in the camper with you while Engie, Heavy, and Demo were in the van. It was a moderate journey from New Mexico to Colorado.
         Medic didn't wake you that morning to get ready to leave. Instead he wrapped you up in blankets and carried you to Sniper's camper to sleep in his bed. As a doctor, Medic knows that you need as much sleep as possible. When you woke up around eight that morning, you found Medic and Spy playing a game of chess with Sniper driving. Spy nor Medic hadn't notice your awakening due to them being in a intense stale mate. Both of the smart men deep in thought about the next move. Slowly you sat up and looked out the window next to your pillow. Most of the land was still deserted plains of dry rock and sand with little but noticeable vegetation. You slide out of bed and wobbled over to the table the chess game took place. You rest your head on the table and look at all the pieces. After a minute of standing there between both the men, Medic's eyes traveled off the board and on to you.
       "Oh! She is avake! How long have jou been standing zhere Frau?" Spy snaps his head up and looked to you. Both men are surprised by your sudden presence. 
      "A minute or two." You walked over to Medic and motioned for him to scoot over. He shifts on the seat and you slide in and sit next to him. "Are we still in New Mexico?" You fold your arms over the table and rest your chin on your arm.
      "We are in upper New Mexico. Soon to cross Colorado boarder." You looked to Spy and nod. Then your eyes traveled to the chess set. Spy smirked at your curious gaze and moved his white bishop to check mate Medic's king. "Check mate." Medic growled and scoffed.
     "I knew I should have moved zhe stupid king!" You just stared confusingly at what just happened. You never learned to play chess but you did know about it. Spy smirk softens to a smile at your confused look.
      "Do 'ou want to learn?" Your face light up in an instant and you quickly nod your head. For the next few hours, Spy and Medic taught you how to play, the rules, and you even beat Spy a few times against him. He was going easy on you, all be it but it still made you happy to play.  Your favourite pieces are the black knights. You can move them with ease across the board even with their L-movements. After a few rounds you decide to retire back to the bed. You crawl back into the bundle of blankets and lay down for a bit.
            As you slipped into a warm slumber, you were taken to a dream of your old mattress back in Kansas. There was a summer breeze coming through some cracked windows, birds were heard chirping around. All was well for a good few minutes until the peace was disturbed by gun shots. In your dream you shoot up from the mattress and panic to find your gun. You ran to your weapons unit and swung open the door only to find laying on the floor, reaching for you desperately, a blue spy with a knife sticking out his right eye. Blood stained the whole unit's insides and all you could hear was blue spies gurgling cry for help.
          It was an hour after you fell asleep were woken up by the bed sinking to one side. You open your eyes and see Medic sitting next to your body. He reaches down to wake you but sees that you are already awake.
     "Did jou sleep well (y/n)?" Medic's hand gently rubs your back. You sit up and slide into his lap and lean against him. Medic smiles and holds you close, wrapping his arms around you. Tightly, you grip his lab coat and bury your face into his chest. "Hm? Ist everything ok (y/n)? Jou are shaking a bit." This caught Spy's attention, who was sitting at the booth facing Medic and you at the bed. You shake your head slightly and cling even tighter to him, desperately trying not to cry. "Vhat happened? Bad dream, Frau?" Medic stood up and held you in his arms as he paced around a bit. Spy kept his eyes on you, watching Medic pace around with you in his arms. After a few minutes of Medic trying to get you to talk with no avail, Spy stood up and took you from his arms. "If jou think jou can get her to talk, zhen by all means, give it a shot." Medic sat down and looked out the window. Obviously not as patient with you as Spy is. Spy rubbed your back and let you hide your face in his chest. He took the blanket off the bed and wrapped you up in it, making you feel more safe by hiding more of your body from the outer environment. He didn't try to get you to talk, he just let you get over the overwhelming fear from the dream. As your fear dissipated, you lifted your head up from Spy's chest and looked up at him. You were still shaking a bit but to admit, if you stayed with Medic the whole time your fear would still be just as prevalent as it was just before you woke up. Spy looked down at you and petted the back of your head with a soft smile.
         "Feeling better, petit?" Spy whispered down to you. Slowly you nod your head. "Bien." You look around and see Medic is gone, must have went up front to sit with Sniper. Leaving you alone with Spy. You sat in his lap as he sits down at the booth. "W'at is bothering 'ou, (y/n)?" You look back up at Spy and pull the blanket to cover you completely. You look down and sigh.
           "I miss my home....." That was not all and Spy again knew this. He puts his fingers under your chin and lifts your head up to meet his gaze.
            "And?" Spy cocked one eyebrow up, expecting you to tell him. You open your mouth to say something but closed it immediately. Spy sighs and rubs your cheek. "It 'as the other Spy, 'as it not?" Your eyes perk open a bit more. This made Spy smirk knowing he knew just what had bothered you. You groan and sigh, giving in to Spy's on point guessing game. You lean back into him and rest your head against his chest. "Ah, mon petit. It will be ok. We will get 'ou back 'ome soon enough." Spy rubbed your back for a little bit until the camper came to a stop. You lifted your head up hearing car doors open and close. Sniper opens the Camper door and pops his head in to see you and Spy.
         "Oi. Were here. Come out and see the place." Sniper leaves and closes the door. You sigh and move to get off of Spy's lap only to be moved by into his lap by his arm.
         "(Y/n). If 'ou ever want to talk, 'ou can come to me, oui?" You look up at Spy and see his genuine look of concern. A part of you, a tenseness you didn't realise you had till now, loosened up and softened. You nod your head in return and hug him around his neck. Softly you whispered in his ear before getting up to leave,
           "Thank you." With that, you exited the Camped to join the team at the new base.