Chapter Four

A/n
I thought since I finished this chapter I would just post it. Two chapters in one day! Yay! Plus this a pretty long chapter😉

Enjoy!

Bliss

When I had woken from my nightmare, my mate had brought me to his chest. I could not hold my sobs no longer and let go. He held me tighter, which made me feel safer. I had finally stopped my sobbing and worked the courage to ask his name on the paper he gave me.

"Jacob"  I heard him say. It's such a lovely name.

He had looked me in the eye and I noticed lust and adoration. Does he love me? No one has ever looked at me that way before. 

He told me to fall asleep, which I had done. I was so tired from running and stress. I was in his arms, my wolf howling in happiness. I have never heard her so happy, which made me happy. She had suffered all those years just because of y family and how pathetic and ugly I am.

__________

I don't remember much of what happened yesterday. Last night was all a blur. All I know is I'm in a bed probably at some pack that might kill me. I opened my eyes to a room that looked some what familiar. I moved my legs to the side of the bed to get off the bed when a jolting pain in my side hit me. I winced, but continued to get up. When I finally stood on my legs the door opened quickly and I fell to the floor clumsy like. I noticed it was my mate from the sent.

He came closer to me and as he did, I scooted to a corner and put my head into my knees. I was afraid he might hurt me like all the others.

"Bliss? What's wrong?"

Did I give him my name? I don't remember. What happened?

I didn't bother looking up. I did not want to get hurt. I realized when I don't look into the eyes the beatings aren't as bad.

He made a sigh and mumbled 'sorry' then walked out the door which caused me to sigh in relief. I got back onto my legs with shooting pain on my side again. I lifted my shirt to see the cause of the pain. It was a giant scratch mark that was deep, it had broke open from the stitches, probably when I fell. I went out the door to find help. There was no one in the hall so I went down to another. That's when I found another room that had a blonde female looking right at me. I felt dizzy, but I ignored it as the blonde female came closer.

"Hello! Im Lacy, what's your name?"

I grabbed a nearby pen and paper on a desk and wrote 'Bliss.' She looked confused, but nodded her head. I grabbed my side, still in pain.

"You're Jacob's mate! Nice to meet you! I'm his sister." She smiled.

Before I could write anything I felt my knees giving up and lots of blood dripping down my leg to the floor.

"Oh my god! Are you ok Bliss? Bliss?!" 

The last thing I heard was Lacy yelling urgently, "Jacob!" before I blacked out, again.

Jacob

When I woke up, I had Bliss in my arms still, which made me happy. I wanted to stay like this forever, but I had some Alpha business to do. I gently let her go making sure I didn't wake her and walked out the door to my office. We had recently got attacked by rogues. Even though they didn't kill any of our warriors, we still wanted to be careful and be ready fo if they attack again. Now that we have a Luna, we'll be much stronger and I'll be a lot more protective of her and the pack.

When I finished with a few things I wanted to check on Bliss. As I was walked towards her door I sensed that she had some pain so I quickly opened the door to see if there was danger. I regretted that because she fell to the floor. When I walked closer she got scared and hid in a corner and didn't even look at me. I asked her what's wrong, but no answer. Not even from a paper and pen.

'What did I do?' I asked my wolf.

'I don't know. I'll try to reach her wolf.'

'So?'

'She does not remember last night. She is scared of other people right now. I don't know why. Lux, her wolf said she has to tell you.'

'great. I'll just leave her alone then.'

'No! I need her.' He whimpered.

'I don't want to scare her more.'

'Fine.' He growled then cut the link.

I mumbled 'sorry' and walked out of the door back to my alpha duties. I was walking to go talk my beta when I heard someone call my name. It sounded urgent so I followed it, which lead me to the clinic. I walked into the lobby and found Lacy trying to carry Bliss to a bed. There was blood around them.

"What happened Lacy!?"

"I don't know. She came around the corner looking for someone so I introduced myself an-"

"Just tell me what happened!"

"I don't know! She fell and the blood just come down her leg to the floor as she collapsed!"

I lifted her shirt and saw the stitches from the scratch come undone, blood spilling out. Why didn't heal?

The doctor came rushing in and I gently laid her on a bed. He took her back to surgery, and I was not allowed to go back with her. My beta and two warriors had to hold me back from following, which took a lot of strength.

Is she gonna be ok?