Chapter 1

Edward's P.O.V

Mike falls on the ground and the whole room goes silent. It's not good. Shit, shit, shit! Eric grabs me by my shoulder and shoves me back. One second, two seconds go by. That's when all hell sets loose. Shots are being fired from one side to another. Ben, who was standing beside me, gets shot right in the eye. Blood splatters all over the place. I press my back against the set of boxes behind us and take out my gun. Fuck. His body falls like a rag doll.

"How many you got?" Eric shouts over the loud sound of the gunfire around us. We crouch down when the shots are being fired above our head.

"Two rounds, you?" I shout back as I load my gun. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. This isn't good.

"Two." He pauses for a moment, looking down at his gun and then looks at me. "Fuck it, let's make a run for it! I'll cover your back and you cover mine. No looking back. I'll call Luke."

I nod. I take a quick look around us. All the men I used to see as friends, members of The Coven are lying dead on the floor. Most, but not all. They're fighting back but we're nothing compared to The Vulturi. They're stronger, they can outnumber us. I can't leave without a fight, but I can't risk to die. I have people that depend on me. But if I leave, I'll be seen as a traitor and they'll come after me. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I look at Eric and nod. They're going to hate us for leaving, but I have more important things to care about.

"Edward Masen, show your fucking face!" There's a loud crash. "There's nowhere you can hide, you piece of shit! Now that the shit has hit the fan, there's nowhere you can hide!"

I don't hesitate. I get up from my hiding space and start shooting. Eric jumps up, shooting at the opposite end as we make our way out. It's a war zone and there's a probable chance we might not make it out alive. But we do. We fucking do.

I jump in the car with Eric and he takes off, leaving a trail of smoke behind us. I get my phone out, adrenaline running through me like fire on gas. My fingers shake as I type in his name and dial his number. He answers immediately.

"Edward, what happened?"

"Shit just went down!" I shout at the phone. "Mike is dead."

"What!? What the fuck happened, wasn't it supposed to be a fucking peaceful meeting?"

Eric takes the phone. "Aro's people showed up. Started making demands. They wanted Coven to fucking serve them as their fucking slaves. It was either we work for them or they kill us on the spot. Mike said fuck no and they fucking shot him. The whole operation went to shit! There's so many dead. Fuck!"

"Where are you guys?!" You can hear the shuffling on the other side of the line. Luke is about to lose his fucking head. "Where are you guys?!"

"We fucking left! But that's not the worse, Luke."

No, not even close. Cold shivers run down my spine just thinking about it.

"What...?"

"They're looking for Edward," Eric says slowly. "That was also part of the demands. They're going for his head."

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck," Luke cursed.

"Tell me about it." I groan when a sudden pain hits me my shit. "Shit..." I lift my shirt and notice the blood and my wound. "Oh fuck."

"What's the matter?" Eric asked. The car swirls a bit. "Are you hurt?"

"Fucking bullet skimmed me," I groan. I press my hand on my side and groan. "Nothing I can't handle. What the hell happens now?"

Eric looks at me as if I'm crazy. "What happens? I'll tell you what happens, you're going to a hospital."

"No!" Luke shouts on the phone. "They don't know if he's hurt or not, but we can't risk it. Hospital is the worst place we can take him right now. Right now we need to make sure he is wiped off the fucking map."