Chapter 24

Bella's P.O.V

I walk back out to the lobby and take a seat on one of the chairs. The woman who escorted me in, walks back out with her creepy Purge smile and says, "It'll be just a moment. I'll come and get you when it's time." And then disappears back in the room filled with very important, very unimpressed men.

I take a deep breath and take my phone out, and with really shaky hands, I text Seth telling him I'm about to pass out. I make sure my phone is still on silent and bury it in my bag. Okay... It could have been worse. I could have fallen when I walked in the room, I could have vomited while I was talking to them, I could have vomited on one of them. So far, all I did was stutter and seem completely unsure on what I wanted to do with their money. Fuck, this was a bad idea.

As the men in the room discuss whether or not they want to give me their money, my hand reaches in my purse again and takes the envelope I have no opened since he gave it to me. An envelope containing approximately twenty thousand dollars which could help kick start the project. Edward handed me this check the day before we parted after we broke up, he said he wanted to help me, he wanted me to follow my dreams and no matter how much I said no, I still left Boston with the check. That was six months ago and I can't find the guts to actually cash it. Every time I think back to the last time I saw him, my heart aches.

That very last day, that very last time I saw him was at the airport. We didn't say goodbye to each other, we didn't speak a word to each other. I wanted it that way. I didn't think I could handle a goodbye. So, instead I left the motel earlier with my dad and as we headed to the check in section, something told me to look back. It was that feeling I was being watched. And when I turned, there he stood, at the very back of the room, watching me leave. We didn't wave goodbye. We simply looked at each other... Until it was time to go.

Since then, I have no idea what's been of him... Of Emma or Luke. I don't know if he worked things out with Tanya or if they stayed in Boston... I just know... There was an Silas in my life, who actually turned out to be an Edward. Someone who left no trace of him back in Forks. Nothing but an old t-shirt that was left forgotten under my bed. That's the only thing I have left of him. Other than that... It's like he never existed.

Never thought I'd miss him so much.

I let go of the check and stand up when the door reopens and the woman walks out.

"They're ready for you."

* * *

Harry, Leah, Seth and my dad are all waiting at the diner by the time I make it back. They all stand up together when I walk in and drop the bag on the register with an exhausted sigh.

"Bella, what happened?" Dad asked, looking at me expectingly. They all did. I'm not sure what I'm going to tell them...

Before I can open my mouth, they all apparently sigh and walk over to me, trying to console me. But I quickly take out the envelope out of my bag and show it to them.

"They loaned me the money," I say, waving the envelope in the air. "They loaned me the money."

They stand shocked at my words. Leah is the first one to speak. "You're lying."

I shake my head with a huge smile. "Nope. They gave me the money!" I can't hide my excitement anymore. I start jumping up and down, screaming out in joy.

"No fucking way!" Seth yells and runs to me, wrapping his arms around me and starts bouncing me up and down. Leah joins and we start cheering together, arms wrapped around one another, jumping in circles.

After we're done, I hug Harry. I can't believe I finally have the chance to rebuild this place, give him the motel/diner of his dreams. He hugs me tightly and for a moment, I think I feel him shudder against me. Is he crying? I pull away and look at him in the face. Yes, he is crying. He shakes his head and wipes the tears away.