Chapter 12

Edward's P.O.V

... The suspect has been described as a twenty six year old, white male, that had recently moved to the town of Forks. He goes under the name of Silas Stevens and is believed to be a high danger to society. On the evening of Monday September 10th, police heard reports the suspect who shot a man on the parking lot of Waters Motel. The victim was talking to the suspect's girlfriend before the incident and is believe that is what sparked the chain of events.

Stevens was then confronted by a bystander who turned out to be Isabella Swan's cousin. Stevens took Swan hostage. Their argument escalated with Stevens keeping everyone at gun point until he got into a 1969' Impala with Swan and drove off before police force could arrive. If you have...

I shut off the radio aggressively. This is not the way things should have turned out. I should have left when Luke told me to and this would have never happened. But what assures me that would have stopped Felix from coming back to town and attacking Bella? I know that sadistic fuck, he would have done it regardless if I was still in town or not. Now the worst case scenario has happened, Bella is in this mix and I have no idea how I'm getting her out. She's currently kidnapped by me as the news station is saying. Jacob isn't stupid. If I let her go, drop her off at some gas station and they take her back to Forks, she will surely be dead by dawn.

What have I done?

The moment I woke up and saw she was gone was all red flags and sirens started going off in my head.  I didn't think twice about getting my gun, which I knew she must have seen and then run off afterward. It hadn't changed anything, I was leaving tonight whether she hated me or not, whether she wanted me gone or she wanted me to stay but the sight of her on the ground with Felix on top of her set my body in motion. I had no idea what I was doing, I just acted. The fear I felt within me is indescribable, I needed to save her, I needed to kill him... and I did... Jesus Christ, I fucking killed someone. The thought hadn't downed at me till now... I killed a man that I knew... I shot him right in the head when I wasn't even three feet away from them...

I swerve the car off the side of the road and slam on the breaks, throwing Bella against the dashboard and waking her up in the process with a "What the-"

I get out of the car quickly and run to the edge of the forest where I throw up the little food I had before it all happened. I wipe my mouth with the end of my shirt and groan, spitting out the acid taste from my mouth.

"Silas?"

I cough, my mouth filling with more acid fluid that makes me gag again. I spit out and lean against one of the trees. "I'm... I'm okay..."

"Where are we?"

I finally turn to Bella, who is standing beside the car on the lonely road. It's dark and the only light comes from Bubba and a street lamp twenty feet from us. To be truly honest, I have no idea where we are. It's been a while since I've seen a car pass us by and a even dumber move was to take exit after exit without really knowing where it was leading us.

"I don't know."

Bella sighs, wrapping her arms around herself. I can see the blood droplets on her face even in the darkness of the street. That adds another jab right on the fucking gut. I take a cloth out of her trunk and wet it with leftover water from a water bottle she had in her car and walk over to her. Like an instinct, she flinched away from me when I approached her with the wet rag.

"You... you have blood."

Bella touches her face with the tip of her fingers and takes in a deep breath. She takes the rag from my hand and aggressively scrubs the blood off her face, leaving a red rash on her skin.  She throws the rag on the floor when she's done and rips her flannel from her body that is also covered in blood and throws it along with the rag. Her chest rose and dropped and when she looked at me, she looked confused and terrified.