Chapter 27

Edward's P.O.V

"Right over there?" I ask Henry, pointing to the open parking spot beside the truck.

"Yes, right there will do for now. Seth, how about you move and be a little more helpful. Poor Edward can't carry that booth down all by himself!"

"Yes, sir!" Seth runs to the other side of the booth and bends down. "Alright... So what do we do?"

I chuckle. "Just lift it and go to your right, I'll go down first that way you don't trip on your way down." Seth nods and grabs hold of the bottom of the booth, completely disappearing out of my line of sight. I pick up my end, grunting at how heavy this shit is and start unloading the booth from the truck. "Where the hell is the truck driver?" I ask through clenched teeth as we carefully unload the booth.

"Poor bastard busted his hip when he tried to get this thing down. I had to call his lady to come and take him home." Henry shakes his head. "Good thing you came by, boy, or else Bella would have insisted on her doing it on her own."

"Yeah, I figured." I lower the booth to the ground and look at Seth, who has slumped against the cushions. "You alright there, Seth?"

"Oh, I'm great," he mutters under his breath. "How many are there left?"

I look inside the truck and shrug. "About four more."

I came by the diner this morning to see Bella, seeing she has been avoiding me like a disease. Given, I didn't expect her to jump in my arms and kiss me in the rain when I came back. I wasn't expecting her to forgive me so easily. I would actually be disappointed if she did. But I do want to have the chance to talk to her, at least have a start because I've missed her so much. She just isn't giving in.

So, when I came by this morning after dropping Emma off at school, I saw Henry having trouble finding how to unload the truck filled with new booths for the diner with Seth and decided to help.

"Alright, Seth. Deep breaths, buddy, we have four more to unload." I pat him on the back and climb back up on the truck.

"What's all this?" I smile when I hear the surprise in her voice. She's on the other side of the truck, which gives me the impression she hasn't seen me yet. She walks to Henry. "They're finally here?"

"Oh yes, this morning but we've been having a hell of a field day trying to get this damn things out of the truck," Henry tells her.

She looks at Seth is still slumped over the booth. "Oh you poor thing. Don't worry, Seth. I'll help you out." She drops her backpack on the ground and starts taking off her sweater when Henry stops her.

"Actually, we've been having some help," he tells her and nods in my direction inside the truck.

She turns to me and her eyes widen. "What are you doing here?"

"Unloading a truck full of booths."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

Bella narrows her eyes at me and says, "well thank you for your help, but I'm here so you can go ahead and get going."

I chuckle. "Oh really? You're going to carry this all on your own?"

"Yup. No need for your help here," she says. "Come on, Seth." She gets on the truck and when she sees I'm not stepping aside, she puts her hands on her hips and arcs a brow. "Care to move?"

"Are you really sure you're up for the challenge, Swan?"

"Step aside, Masen," she snaps.

I raise my hands in the air and step down from the truck. Henry chuckles to himself and drinks a sip of his coffee. I roll my eyes and stand beside him and watch as Bella and Seth not only try to lift the booth, but coordinate enough to even hold it. I really want to step in because Bella is not that good with her coordination and is prone to fall at any given second. Leah joins the party a little later and hands me a cup of coffee.