Chapter 6

Edward's P.O.V

I've never seen Titanic. I get some of the references, like the fact that both Jack and Rose could have fit on that damn door but I've never sat through the movie. So when it was up to when we pulled up at the drive in, Bella casually pointed it out and almost lost her shit when I said I have never seen it. So, for the last three hours, we sat in the car trying to pay attention to what was going on the big screen. However, it's hard to concentrate on the couple falling in love on the biggest ship ever made when Bella is curled up against me.

Like that popular saying, one thing led to another. One minute we're watching Jack and Rose meet, the next, we're full on making out in the car. There's people all around us, enjoying the classic and it didn't even bother me that my hands were all over her and hers on me. I can't remember when was the last time I made out with someone. Obviously Tanya was the last person I made out with but I can't pinpoint when it was. It felt good to do it. It felt amazing. Bella brought things I hadn't felt in a very long time. Bella made me feel like a man again. A man so infatuated by her.

Tanya's lips are nothing compared to hers. Tanya's eyes are nothing compared to hers. Tanya is nothing compared to Bella. The soft texture of her skin, the heat radiating off her and the feeling she caused. The heart flutter, the excitement and the short of breath. Nothing is compared to her and I was so damn sure I wouldn't change it for the world. I wasn't doing the comparison while I was kissing Bella in her old piece of junk. It came after, when I was sitting alone on the edge of my bed staring at my cellphone thinking of all the ways that night went wrong.

Jesus Masen, man up! She's ten feet away from your door and for lack of a better word, she needs reassuring.

God, what an asshole I am.

I push myself off the bed and walk out of my room. Cold shivers run through my body as I approach her door, thinking of any excuse for tonight. Something that sounds reasonable and doesn't set me off as a bigger asshole. I'm standing outside her door, staring at the silver numbers on it and trying my best to encourage myself to do it. Knock on the fucking door.

Or maybe just leave it like this for tonight. I'll talk to her in the morning.

Or you can do it right fucking now!

She opens the door right about the same time I raise mine to knock. She looks pissed and maybe a little sad. It breaks my heart to think I ruined a perfectly good night. She shifts away from the doors, placing her hands on her hips, tapping her right foot and looking at me with the most pissed off look I've ever seen.

"I have an explanation," I breathe.

* * *

Hours Earlier...

I shake off the feeling off my shoulders as I put my leather jacket on.

"It's okay, it's okay," I reassure myself. "It's been years since you last had a date, but it's all good. We will be alright." I let out a deep breath and look at myself in the mirror. "I'm good I'm good I'm good I'm good."

I look down at my cellphone, silently hoping for a phone call or mostly anything. I silently hope that Luke calls me and tells me it is safe to go home and that I can finally be with my daughter. But nothing comes in for the following ten minutes I stand in my room with my phone in hand. I take in a deep breath, shrug the nervousness off my shoulders and head to my door.

Bella opens hers shortly after. She's still wearing her black jeans but has changed her pale pink shirt to a burgundy one with a low sleeve that exposes her left shoulder. Her hair is done in a messy braid with a few strays of hairs falling down on the side of her face. When she looks at me, she blushes and points to her attire.