Chapter 2

I walked around Imladris enjoying Elvish nature when I reached the room were they kept the shards of Nasril to see Aragorn and Arwen standing there talking. I smiled at the two lovers turning around to give them privacy.

"Luth daughter of Throin Oakenshield, how are you faring?" Arwen asked.

"I've been better. I will leave you two to whatever you are into" I answered leaving hurriedly. I walked around the corridors fast turning a corner only to collide with someone only to fall backwards but strong arms held me in place before I hit the ground.

"Are you okay, wolf princess?" A familiar male voice asked making me look up to find Legolas, his face was few centimetres away from mine. 

"I am fine. Thank you" I mumbled running away from him and to my room, getting under the covers drifting to sleep.

The following day, I sat between Gloin and Gimli waiting for Elrond to begin the meeting he had called for. Sneaking a look toward the Elves party to meet Legols' eyes. We nodded in acknowledgment at each other before turning toward Elrond.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old, you've been summoned here to answer to the threat of Mordor. Middle-earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom. Bring forth the ring, Frodo." He said and a Halfling walked over to a table in the middle placing the ring on it.

"It's a gift. A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this ring? Long has my father the Steward of Gondor kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people, are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy. Let us use it against him" Boromir of Gondor said making me roll my eyes at him.

"You cannot wield it. None of us can. The One ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master" Aragorn said.

"And what would a ranger know of this matter?" Boromir asked.

"This is no mere ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance" Legolas said and I instantly turned to look at Aragorn.

'Arathorn? Wait wasn't he the elder brother of my birth father, Isildur. So Aragorn is my cousin.' I thought looking at him.

"Aragorn? This ...is Isildur's heir?" Boromir whispered.

"And heir to throne of Gondor" Legolas said.

"Havo dad, Legolas" Aragorn said.

"Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king." Boromir said going back to his seat.

"Aragorn is right. We cannot use it" I said.

"You have only one choice. The Ring must be destroyed." Elron said.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Gimli said swinging his ax at the ring only for it to shatter causing him to fall back.

"The ring cannot be destroyed Gimli, son of Gloin, by any craft we here possess. The ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this." Elrond said looking around at the council he called. So a quest, hmmm.

"One doesn't simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. And the Great Eye is ever-watchful. It is a barren wasteland riddled with fire and ash and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with 10,000 men could you do this. It is folly." Boromir said.

"Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The ring must be destroyed." Legolas said.

"And I suppose you think you are the one to do it!" Gimli shouted.

"And if we fail, what then? What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?" Boromir asked standing up.

"I will be dead before I see the ring in the hands of an elf!" Gimli shouted standing up. This started an argument between the three races, I watched with a sigh. My wolf ears picked on something faint making me look around to see the Hobbit so I made way to him. I smiled at him before letting out a vicious growl silencing them.

"Frodo wants to say something" I said.

"I will take the ring to Mordor. Though I do not know the way." He said making me smile down at him.

"I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins as long as it is yours to bear." Gandalf said standing behind him.

"If by my life or death I can protect you I will." Aragorn said walking toward Frodo going down to his eye level, "You have my sword." He said.

"And you have my bow" Legolas said.

"And my ax" Gimli said.

"my sword and wolf too" I said smiling at him.

"You carry the fates of us all, little one. If this is indeed the will of the council the Gondor will see it done." Boromir said.

"Hey!" Another Hobbit ran toward them from behind the trees, "Mr. Frodo is not going anywhere without me" he said.

"No, indeed it's hardly possible to separate you even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not" Elrond said making me chuckle. They sort of remind me of how  Fili , Kili and I were.

"Hey. We're coming too!" A third Hobbit shouted running over with another one, "You'll have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us." He continued.

"Anyway, you need people of intelligence on this sort of ... mission. Quest. Thing." He said.

"Well, that rules you out" the third whispered to him making me chuckle. Yep, definitely the three of us. 

"Ten companions. So be it. You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring." Elrond said.

After the meeting, I sat on one of the gardens of Imladris writing in a parchment for Dis when a shadow fell on the paper making me look up to see Legolas.

"Yes, Legolas?" I asked.

"Are you really sure you want to go?" He asked worriedly.

"Legolas, I am Luth daughter of Thorin Oakeshield. I know what I am doing. Don't worry" I smiled at him standing up, making way towards Gloin to hand him the letter.