Chapter 5

We walked through the trees of Lothlorien and I  could feel people approaching but was too tired to say or do a thing. From the scent they are Elves. Let's hope they have the good of intentions.

"Stay close, young hobbits! They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods. An elf-witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell...and are never seen again." Gimli whispered.

"Gimli stop it" I said, turning toward Frodo to see him rooted in his place so I walked to him kneeling to his level, "Frodo, what's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"Mr. Frodo?" Sam called and Frodo instantly turned to us shaking his head. I don't believe him but still nodded.

"Well, here is one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and ears of a fox." Gimli said turning around for arrows pointed at him. We were all surrounded with Elves pointing arrows at the instantly.

"The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." One Elf said and I instantly growled at him angrily.

"Haldir of Lorien. We come here for help. We need your protection." Aragorn said in Elvish tongue nodding to the Elf.

"Aragorn! These woods are perilous! We should go back." Gimli said.

"You have entered the realm of the Lady of the Wood. You cannot go back." Haldir said meeting Frodo's eyes , "come. She's waiting." He continued leading them through the woods. They followed in silence as I keeping at the back of the company to make sure the Hobbits are all accounted for. The woods were absolutely breath taking unlike the woods of king Thranduil's. Those were bright and beautiful. I heard that Woodland was as beautiful as this one but darkness made it dull.

Haldir lead us to a hall in the highest tower. Coming to stop in front of the stairs watching the elf lord and lady climb down the few stairs toward them.

"Nine there are here, yet ten there were set out from Revendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak to him." Celeborn asked.

"He has fallen into shadow." Galadriel whispered and Aragorn nodded grimly.
"The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all." She continued meeting Boromir's eyes before turning to the Hobbits, "Yet hope remains while the company is true. Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest for you are weary of sorrow and much toil. Tonight, you will sleep..." she said meeting Frodo's eyes.

I curled on one of the beds we were offered lost in my own memories. Losing Gandalf triggered memories of the people I lost years before. I never want to lose more people again. It hurts so much. A hand placed on my back made me turn around to find Legolas with a jug of water in hands.

"Luth, here drink something" he said softly offering me a glass that he just filled with water

"Bless you, Legolas" I said sitting up taking the glass he offered taking a sip of it.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Tired and sad" I answered.

"It will be fine, Luth. We will continue the journey for Gandalf" he said taking hold of my hands in his slightly bigger than hers.

"Thank you, Legolas." I whispered hugging him.

"You're welcome, Luth." He smiled hugging back, "Go to sleep. Tomorrow we will continue the journey and you would need all the energy you can get." Legolas said and I nodded laying back again pulling the covers up snuggling to them.

The following morning, they sailed away from Lorien after goodbye gifts from the Elves. I shared a boat with Legolas helping him paddle it towards the shore.