Chapter 16

Gimli, Legolas and I decided to go to Erebor and The Woodland realm to check upon things then return to Minas Tirith. We separated at the borders of the Woodland realm.

"I will see you in two weeks." I told to Legolas.

"Yes, we will." He said kissing me one more time before going into the woods.

"Let us go on, Luth." Gimli said and I nodded following after.

We finally reached Erebor two days later and were celebrated by the Dwarves.

"Uncle Dwalin!" I hugged the old Dwarf hard.

"It's good to see you, little wolf." He said softly hugging back.

"Something happened, right?" I asked worriedly. I can see it in his eyes.

"It's Dis. She passed two days ago. She fell ill and couldn't make it until you returned home." He said sadly.

"N no! No, it can't be." I whispered tearing up.

"I'm sorry" he said sadly.

I ran toward the graves to find Dis' grave next to her sons and brother. Sinking to my knees next to the grave tears streaming down my face. I cried my heart out over the grave of the woman she loved and respected. The woman who she have seen as an aunt. Over the father I lost but couldn't grief. The cousins and best friends I lost.

Before the trip

I walked into aunt Dis' chambers after talking to Dain to see her knitting. I don't know how I will leave her alone ever again. After the 30 years I spent away after daddy's death.

"Luth, sweetie. Come sit next to me" she called and I walked over sitting cross legged on the ground next to her chair, "so, what did he want?" She asked.

"He wants me to accompany uncle Gloin and Gimli to Revindell" I answered softly.

"When?" She asked putting down what's in her hands meeting my eyes.

"In two weeks. Aunt Dis, I promise you I will be back." I said holding her hands in mine.

"No, promise me you will be careful" she said.

"I promise" I nodded.

"My brother raised you well, Wolf princess" she said kissing my forehead.

"I love you ,aunt Dis" I said placing my head on her lap.

"I love you too, Luth" she said playing with my hair.

End of memories

"Aunt Dis, I am sorry I didn't make it home early. I am sorry for leaving and making you worry. I I am sorry." I broke down again sobbing into my hands next to the grave.

Our two weeks stay came to an end quickly and we made haste towards the Woodland realm for Legolas. I miss him so much.