Chapter 7

We followed the path if the two Hobbits through the woods. Walking deeper with every minute passing. 

"Orc blood." Gimli said from one tree.

We walked between trees and I was getting a bad feeling from the trees. It made me feel twitchy.

"These are strange tracks." Aragorn said from his kneeling spot.

"The air is so close in here." Gimli said.

"This forest is old. Very old." Legolas said.

"It's creepy" I shuddered.

"Full of memory and anger" Legolas whispered as trees creaked and groaned making Gimli raise his ax. "The trees are speaking to each other" Legolas said turning towards Gimli.

"Gimli! Lower your ax." Aragorn said and the dwarf did what he was told. We searched around this area looking for the Hobbits.

"Aragorn, something's out there." Legolas said walking through a path with Aragorn behind.

"What do you see?" Aragorn asked.

"The White Wizard approaches" Legolas whispered.

"Do not let him speak. He will put a spell on us." Aragorn whispered pulling his sword out. I did the same. Legolas got an arrow ready to shoot and Gimli held his ax high ready to swing. "We must be quick" he continued and we all nodded. Instantly attacking the white wizard who blocked the attacks shining bright that they had to squint there eyes.

"This scent... Gandalf." I whispered in shock.

"You are tracking the footsteps of two young Hobbits."  He said.

"Where are they?" Aragorn asked.

"They passed this way the day before yesterday. They met someone they did not expect. Does that comfort you?" He asked.

"Who are you?" Aragorn asked.

"Gandalf" I answered loudly as the light dimmed revealing the old wizard.

"It cannot be" Aragorn whispered. Legolas and Gimli kneeled , "you fell" Aragorn whispered.

"Through fire and water. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought with the Balrog of Morgoth. Until at last I threw down my enemy, and smote his ruin upon the mountainside. Darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead, and everyday was as long as a life age of the Earth. But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I've been sent back, until my task is done." Gandalf answered.

"Gandalf." I whispered tearing up.

"Gandalf? Yes. That was what they used to call me. Gandalf the Grey. That was my name." He nodded.

"Gandalf" Gimli nodded.

"I am Gandalf the White. And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide." He said leading them out of the woods, "One stage of your journey is over. Another begins. War has come to Rohan. We must ride to Edoras with all speed." Gandalf said as he lead us out of the woods and started whistling. A pure white horse ran towards them an image of beauty and grace.

"That is one of the Mearas, unless my eyes are cheated by some spell." Legolas said in amazement as the horse ran up to Gandalf.

"Shadofax. He is the lord of all horses and has been my friend through many dangers" Gandalf said touching the horse's head. "Let us ride to Edoras now." He said getting on the horse's back and we got on our respective horses.