Chapter 12

I closed my eyes for a while snuggling into my covers for a while before something clicked in my mind. I sat up looking around to see that he had snagged his stuff. I instantly jumped up dressing up hastily and running out of the tent.

"Not this time. This time you must stay, Gimli." I heard Aragorn answer and Gimli hum in answer. Walking around the tent to see Legolas walking toward them leading his horse.

"Have you learned nothing from the stubbornness of Dwarves?" Legolas asked.

"You might as well accept it. We're going with you, laddie." Gimli said.

"Not without me" I said walking toward them. Aragorn chuckled but said nothing.

"Come on. Let's go" he said helping me up onto Brego's back before climbing up in front of me.

Aragorn and Legolas rode through the ravine with me and Gimli behind them on the horses. I wrapped my arms around Aragorn's waist only to notice Narsil.

"It's fixed" I whispered in shock.

"Aye, it is. Lord Elrond brought it to me just now." He explained making me hum in understanding.

"What kind of army linger in such a place?" Gimli asked.

"One that is curse." Legolas answered.

"Ghosts" I said making Legolas turn to look at me for a while. I raised a brow at him and he shook his head looking forward again.

"Long ago, the men of the mountains swore an oath to the last king of Gondor to come to his aid, to fight. But when the time came, when Gondor's need was dire, they fled, vanishing into the darkness of the mountain. And so Isildur cursed them never to rest until they had fulfilled their pledge." Legolas explained.

"They are but mere ghosts now"  as soon as I said that the atmosphere started getting more eerie as they reached a gate.

"The very warmth of my blood seems stolen away." Gimli whispered as we  approached the door.

"The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead. And the dead keep it. The way is shut." Legolas said looking at the art above the door. A loud breath caused the horses to bolt and I instantly curled into a ball shutting my eyes and and covering my ears. I hate this feeling.

"Brego!" Aragorn called his horse as Legolas got to his knees next to me holding me closer to him.

"Shh! It's okay" he whispered making me look up at him. Being next to him makes me calm. By Durin, even his scent calms me down.

"I do not fear death." Aragorn said making me look up to see him walking toward the door. Taking a deep breath I slapped my palms onto my cheeks before standing up to follow after Aragorn.

We walked through the cave until we reached a hall or what looks like a hall. A big part of the ground has fallen down some years back. 

"Who enters my domain?" An embodied voice asked making us turn around to look at the king of the dead.

"One who will have your allegiance." Aragorn answered.

"The dead do not suffer the living to pass." The king hissed.

"You will suffer me." Aragorn said making the king cackle which turns into multiple cackling  of the other dead.

"The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead. And the dead keep it." The king said and more dead showed around him and they found themselves surrounded, "the way is shut. Now you must die." He said and Legolas shot him for the arrow to pass through him.

"I summon you to fulfill your oath." Aragorn said loudly.

"None but the king of Gondor may command me." The king said he said swinging his ghostly sword at Aragorn who blocked it using Narsil. "That line was broken." He said.

"It has been remade." Aragorn said gripping him by the neck pushing him back, "fight for us, and regain your honor. What say you?" He asked walking between the dead sword raised, "What say you?" He asked again.

"Ah! You waste your time, Aragorn. They had no honor in life, they have none now dead." Gimli said and I hit the back of his head making him close his mouth.

"I am Isildur's heir. Fight for me and I will hold your oath fulfilled " Aragorn said looking at the king, "What say you?" He asked. The ghost king laughed and the dead started disappearing. "You have my word! Fight, and I will release you from this living death! What say you?" He shouted but they still continued disappearing until they all disappeared.

"Stand, you traitors!" Gimli shouted. Suddenly the ground started shaking and skulls started rolling toward them then heaps of it followed.

"Out!" Aragorn shouted and we sprinted out of other end of the cave barely making out of there.

"Guys, look!" I pointed toward the river.

"No!" Aragorn whispered in shock falling onto his knees and Legolas placed a hand on his shoulder in councilation.

We stood there watching the ships in the water with few sea cities burning on both sides of the river.when, the king of the dead emerged from the cave walking up toward Aragorn.

"We fight." He said and his army showed up behind him.