Chapter 17

Gimli and I stood in front of The Woodland realm waiting for Legolas when a group of Elves approached us. 

"King Thranduil wishes to speak to you Luth daughter of Thorin Oakenshield." The one on the lead said.

"Very well. Lead the way." I nodded before whispering to Gimli "not a word, Gimli".

The Elves lead us through the woods toward the kingdom. The woods looks alive now unlike 50 years ago. It felt welcoming and safe. We reached the gates to find Legolas standing by the gate his eyes were filled with anger.

"It'll be fine, Legolas" I whispered cupping his face pulling him closer kissing him.

"Are you certain?" He asked looking into my eyes with his gorgeous blue eyes.

"Yes" I nodded and he smiled softly pulling me closer.

"King Thranduil wishes to speak to her alone, my prince" his father's minister said.

"I will not let her meet him alone" Legolas and Gimli growled.

"Legolas! Gimli! I will be fine" I said with a smile following the minister and he lead me to Thraduil's library.

"My king I brought her" he said.

"Thank you. You may leave" Thranduil said as he emerged from behind the partition a glass of wine in hand. He had on one of his silk robes, his silver blonde hair was down without his crown. He looked really relaxed unlike the first time I saw him.

"You look good, King Thranduil" I grinned at him.

"You don't look bad, Wolf princess or should I call you Gondor's first princess." He said.

"It's both, actually." I chuckled.

"Please have a seat" he motioned pointing at a seat on the other side of the desk and I did, "so you and my son" he hummed.

"Yes, king Thranduil." I answered meeting his eyes.

"You do know that he is an immortal and you're mortal. One day you will die and leave him all alone. It will break his heart." He said.

"I know. That's why I avoided him for 50 years" I said making him frown.

"You shouldn't have done that. You could have made the best of it." He scolded placing a hand to my shoulders making me look up eyes wide.

"W-what?" I asked in shock.

"I knew you would fall in love since the time he brought you here when that spider bit you" He answered making me stare in shock, "Luth, I know love when I see it. How you two looked at each other, I had that with Legolas' mother. You two have my blessing." He said softly.

"You mean it?" I asked.

"Yes, I do." He answered with a nod.

"Thank you" I hugged him hard making him chuckle but hugged me back.

"Adar!" Legolas shouted  flinging the door open only to freeze when he saw his father hugging me.

"Legolas! Legolas! He's shocked." I said making Thranduil chuckle.

"Ionin, I give you two my blessing" Thranduil said placing a hand to his son's head making him look at his Ada.

"Really? Ada?" Legolas asked looking up for reassurance.

"Yes, ionin. Really" Thranduil smiled at him son.

"Thank you, Adar." He said hugging her father happily.

"Now for the important matter. You two must get married now before I leave middle earth." Thranduil said placing his arms around us both.

"You're leaving?" I asked in shock.

"Yes, I have to. It's calling for me. The sea." He answered.

"Ada?" Legolas looked at him with a sad look in his eyes. It broke my heart seeing him like this.

"I won't leave until you two are married" he said hugging us to him.

Our wedding day approached fast and I was getting nervous as the Elf maiden worked on my hair.

"It will be fine." The maiden said.

"Are you sure?"  I asked.

"I am. You two are in love and that's all that matters" She answered with a smile making me smile.

A knock and a scent made me turn to the door to see uncle Dwalin standing there with a smile, "you look beautiful, wolf princess. Your daddy would have been proud." He said kissing my forehead.

"Are you sure, uncle Dwalin?" I asked and he nodded with a smile.

"Yes. Now let's get you to your future husband" he said leading me out gently. We walked out to a beautiful scenery. I looked up to meet Legolas's eyes and he smiled at me. He looked amazing.

(Their wedding attire)

"You better never make her cry or you will answer to me" Uncle Dwalin threatened as he placed my hand in Legolas'.

"I will never." He said holding my hand up kissing my knuckles before holding both my hand looking into my eyes.

Thranduil walked toward us with a smile placing two gems held by chains around our necks, "Lasto iâl  Legolas ah Luth, ah elio din Eru. Tiro Luth ar Legolas Aran Einior, ar elio din Eru." He said in Sindarin before turning to everyone, "May you have happiness through all you lives together" he said with a smile. (May Varda Star-kindler hear Legolas and Luth’s calls, and may Eru the Father of All bless them. May Manwe Lord of Wind watch over Luth and Legolas, and may Eru the Father of All bless them.)

We exchanged golden rings and the feast started. The Dwarves were being their usual noisy selves as I laughed with them. I didn't notice Legolas watching me as I laughed and talked with the Dwarves.

"May I have your attention?" Thranduil called making everyone turn to him. "The time has come and I find that there is not time better than this to do it." He said.

"Ada?" Legolas asked woriedly.

"Legolas, you are a wonderful prince but I think you will make the most amazing king." Thranduil said placing his crown onto his son's head then turned to me, "I am not forgetting you, Wolf princess and Gondor's first princess. No, the queen of the woodland realm" he said placing a beautiful silver crown on my head.

 No, the queen of the woodland realm" he said placing a beautiful silver crown on my head

Luth's crown

"Long live king and queen of Woodland realm" he said before kneeling down for us and everyone followed.