3; Unlocked

Elly immediately jumped to her feet and bolted for the door. She grabbed onto the bars, her breath coming in fast puffs. Finally the turtles had come for her; she'd recognized the four figures from a few months ago. She couldn't believe what was happening. They had heard her after all.

    "You heard me! You heard me and came back for me!" A grin tugged at her cheeks and spread across her whole face, lighting up her dull eyes and reaching to her ears.

    One of the larger figures dropped down and began to fiddle with the lock. "We'll have you out in just a minute," he assured her.

    "What's your name?" Inquired one of the men, whom she had identified earlier as Leo.

    "Elly. My name's Elly," she answered quickly. Everything was happening quickly; she wanted to leave this place as soon as possible.

"How long have you been here?" The female who had spoken earlier asked.

"Six months."

    The girl was silent as she took in this information. All of them were. They were suddenly overcome with sympathy for this poor girl.

"I'm . . . sorry to hear that." A warm hand grabbed onto Elly's shoulder and she flinched, hoping the girl hadn't noticed. "I'm April."

"Thank you for coming back. I thought I would have to stay here forever."

April could hear the relief in Elly's voice and she smiled, happy to have made an impact on the prisoner's life. "How did you get here?"

Elly was silent for a few seconds before responding. "I wandered too far out of the boundaries my parents told me I was allowed to go, and stayed out too late. There was no one around."

"Did the Kraang bring you here?"

"Yes."

    The man with the lock picking skills straightened up. He tugged on the door and it opened slowly, squeaking on it's rusty hinges. Elly was flooded with relief. She jumped out of the cell, happier than she could ever remember being in her life.

"We have to hurry," Leo reminded. The others readily nodded and prepared to move out. "Elly, do you remember if you have a home nearby?"

Elly couldn't see their faces, but she knew they were watching her closely, even in the almost pitch blackness. From what she'd been told by other prisoners who'd come and gone, four of these five were the most keen and skilled of ninjas, excepting their master who had trained them. They were also known for their kindness and loyalty to all who accepted it. It gave her great comfort to know they would do everything in their power to return her home safely.

    "Avalon Midtown West," she replied, memories coming back to her. She hadn't forgotten them in the least. Just pushed them aside as she'd given in to the thought of never leaving her cell.

    "April will take you there now." His scratchy voice then faced a different direction. "Raph, you'll carry her to the door. I'll stay behind a little ways to make sure we're not being followed."

One of the bulkiest rescuers approached Elly. She could feel his presence behind her, and she was intimidated. In fact, she was intimidated by all the brothers.

"I'm going to lift you up. Is that okay?" Came the request. Elly timidly whispered a, "yes." She then felt muscular arms reaching around her back and behind her knees. She was hoisted up effortlessly into the strong, safe hold of this Raph fellow. It wasn't the most comfortable position she'd ever been in, for his triceps were rather hard. But she felt shielded and protected from all harm, and that was a feeling she never wanted to leave.

    "Alright. Let's go," Leo ordered.

    Elly heard nothing. All was silent even though she was moving. Raph jogged down dark halls and up what must've been a flight of stairs. She was bumped around a little, but for the most part she was so secure in the mutant's embrace that she thought nothing of it.

"I'm going to set you down now," Raph mumbled. She slid from his extended arms, bare feet hitting the floor. It had been completely dark the whole time she was being carried.

A hand grasped her wrist and she gasped.

"It's okay! It's me, April!" At this, Elly relaxed a little, though she was now more alert than before. "I'll lead you," April whispered calmly. Elly allowed herself to be gently pulled through the darkness until a door creaked and light flooded the empty expanse.

Soon she was greeted with a wide alleyway that was illuminated by a bright street lamp. She sucked in a refreshing breath of air, grin returning to her face. Looking around at the piles of trash, dirty concrete, and graffitied, brick walls, she giggled quietly to herself. For the first time in what seemed like years, she was above ground and staring a new life right in the eyes.

April stood by the sidewalk, hands on her hips, and Elly paused to get a good look at her. She was an attractive redhead, with a few freckles dotting her cheeks and a body that announced her healthy lifestyle. She wore a black and yellow jumpsuit that fit her perfectly, highlighting her curvy hips.

"Come on." April smiled and gestured for Elly to walk beside her. And so they did, all the way to Avalon.

    Elly smiled to herself, unable to believe she was actually walking home. Finally, her never-fading hope had paid off. The city looked more beautiful than anything she'd ever seen, and the air tasted as fresh as anything she'd ever tasted.

    April was very kind. She kept intelligent conversations going, and she never pressed Elly to confirm any information she didn't want to share about her experiences with the Kraang. Elly found herself enjoying April's company, and she was happy to have someone to talk with after all her time of loneliness.

    AMW apartments loomed in the distance, causing Elly's heart to lurch. Pleasant memories races through her mind and she became very eager to run inside to her parents. As they got closer, she got more excited.

    April laughed lightly. "I'll let you get home now. If you ever need anything, just call me." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a small piece of white paper. Elly took it gratefully.

    "Thank you so much! I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't come." With that, Elly raced to the door and disappeared inside.