Doze

"Austin"

My eyes were burning from looking at a computer screen all day, and my back ached from being hunched over my keyboard, but I still couldn't keep the smile off my face. The goal for the day was to make it to five, so I could take Noel out. I was running a little behind so when I finally made it to my buildings parking lot I jumped out of the jeep and was pummeled with the frigid wind of the unusually cold Austin, Texas January. I ran up to my apartment and wasted no time getting ready for the date. I tossed off my uniform then went to take a shower. When I was done showering, I brushed my teeth and lined my hair up simultaneously which could have turned out bad for me. After washing away all the hair clippings, I walked to my closet and looked around for clothes. Being pressed for time and also because I was a bit too lazy to try and search for a creative outfit to wear I decided to go with an all-black attire. From my timberlands to my hat. After I was fully dressed, I reached for an all-black titanium watch that I had bought a year ago and rarely used. Clasping the jewelry on I took a glance at the time and realized just how behind schedule I was and began to move quicker. Without wasting any more time I grabbed my wallet and phone and left my apartment and made my way to my jeep which I drove immediately not even waiting for the vehicle to warm up.

Noel had told me that he would be waiting for me at six-thirty, having moved the date up, and he was a very punctual person, so I didn't want him to wait for me in the cold. With that in mind, I drove a little over the posted speed limit until I reached the hospital and drove around to the main entrance of the hospital. I spotted that Doctor from earlier in the week who rubbed me the wrong way getting into a bright red BMW. He gave me a bad feeling the other day. He was possessive and acted as if he was superior to me. I brushed the thoughts of the man away when I spotted Noel standing by the front entrance. I pulled all the way to the curb and reached over opening the door for him. He looked terrific and warm with this expensive looking black leather jacket that he kept open since he had a thick gray sweater underneath it that looked warm. The best part was his jeans that fit just right especially when I saw him walking over to the car. He climbed in and didn't even speak before he placed his hands on the vents that were pumping a steady stream of warm air only removing them to close the door allowing me to pull off.

"How was your day," I asked him as I started driving in the direction of the movie theater.

"Long... we had a received this little boy from the children's center. He has an Astrocytoma tumor in his brain. He wasn't very stable and kept trying to die on us, so I had to monitor him closely for most of the day. Then on top of that, I got shouted at by two parents when I asked if their daughter had been under the influence of any narcotics within the week. She has a ton of fresh track marks, and I didn't want to administer anything or ask for approval without knowing what she might have ingested. It was a valid question, but they felt like I was judging them, so I had to get my supervisor involved. How was your day?"

"Boring I spent most of the day updating my qualifications and then studying the same dusty old law books I've been studying. We had a call for a kitchen fire, but the owners put it out with an extinguisher before we even got there," I said and had to fight hard to hold back the yawn that was building in the back of my throat.

"Okay, make sure that you are safe. Fire is dangerous, and I don't want you to get hurt," he told me, and I felt this warmth knowing that he cares about me not getting hurt. I continued driving to the movie theaters and pulled into a space in the middle of the parking lot. Once the car was parked, I opened my door and removed the key from the ignition.

"Can I be honest with you?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way," I told him.

"I just want to eat and relax. I promise you if we go sit in that cold dark room I will fall asleep," Noel said, and I chuckled than the thought of an alternative plan popped into my head.

"How about you come over to my apartment we can get something from a fast food restaurant in the area, and we could go back to my place and relax if you want," I suggested not knowing how he would feel about it.

"Sure," he said, and I smiled getting back into the car and drove off going back to my part of town. we stopped by Mcdonalds and got food along with something to drink than I drove to my place.

"Follow me," I said as I got out of the car grabbing our food than walked up to my door him close behind me. Luckily my place was warm enough for the heat to hit us the moment I opened the door and let us in.

"Have a seat and the remote is on the coffee table," I said as I flipped the light on then walked to go find my folding tables, so we had something to eat off of.

"This place is nice," I heard him say as I looked around for where I put them. When I finally found them Noel had turned the television on and was watching Catfish, one of my least favorite television shows. I sat a table in front of him then divided the food and drinks. When everything was settled, I sat down next to him not hesitating to put an arm around his shoulders. We didn't talk very much just made small comments when he turned on Law and Order SVU which happen to be one of my favorite tv shows. Before I knew it, I had dozed off the only thing that woke me up was my phone vibrating in my pocket after I moved in my sleep somehow hitting the volume down button.

I opened my eyes and noticed the Noel had fallen asleep on my chest. He looked so cute all tuckered out from his long day that I didn't want to wake him. Getting up slowly I took our trash and put it in the can near the kitchen then I turned off the television that wasn't serving any purpose. My old black leather couch wasn't exactly comfortable to sleep on, so I grabbed Noel and lifted him up and carried him to my bed. I struggled to move my covers back before placing him down on the mattress. Carefully I undid his shoes to remove them before pulling the blanket over him. When I was down, I walked over to my dresser and took my coat off laying it on top of the wooden surface and then kicked my shoes off. My hat had fallen off in the living area, so I just had to take my watch off. When I was comfortable, I walked over to the bed and grabbed the quilt from the bottom of my bed and walked to the couch to go to sleep. After laying my head on the armrest, I closed my eyes and waited to fall back to bed.

"Hey you're not going to lay in here," I heard Nolan say and turned to see him standing there barely visible in the low light my oven range produced. He removed his coat and sweater and was just wearing those jeans which had the button undone and a white t-shirt. Noel had also removed his socks. His hands were rubbing his eyes, and he looked sexy as fuck to me.

"I didn't know if you wanted me to," I said sitting up.

"I don't want you to sleep on the couch in your own house," he said to me.

"Alright," I said getting up and pulled the blanket in front of my crotch. He turned around going to my bed I followed behind him climbing into my warm bed. He got in after I did and crawled over to me. I pulled him closer to the point that he was laying his head on my chest and had tossed his leg over mine. My hand made its way to the small of his back even though I wanted to go lower. It wasn't long before his breathing became slow signifying that he was asleep. I was so comfortable with him laying on me and hoped that I had many lights like this.