Something Great, Something Greater, & Something Infinite

Something Great (BOOK 1) by, goldenjarry

Summary: Jenelle Taylor is an everyday girl, with a dream job at the biggest music TV network in Australia. "Boybands have never really been my thing," she says, oblivious to what, or who, is waiting for her in London. When MTV sends her and fellow presenter, Angus, on tour with the biggest boyband in the world, One Direction, flames are quickly ignited between the shy TV presenter and the charming Harry Styles. With 5SOS as the supporting act, and a very persist Ashton Irwin at every turn, interfering love interests, lies and betrayal, lead relationships to be tested at new limits. Can Harry and Jen beat the odds and overcome every curveball thrown at them, or does love between two very different people eventually become too tiresome for the chase?

Rate: 10/10

Something Greater (BOOK 2)

Summary: Tour is over for Jenelle. She's back in the offices of MTV in Melbourne with new work partner Mason Andrews, while Harry is still taking on a new stadium every night. When things suddenly didn't look promising for Jen and Harry, after distance become all too much to keep the flame alive, something unexpected happens to bring them back together. With a lifelong commitment now between the two, they continue to navigate their way through a very public relationship, while dealing with the loss of friendships, revisiting the past, and adjusting to the new life that is quickly approaching. With a dramatic end in sight, who survives and who is left fighting for their life? Find out in the second book of the Something Great trilogy.

Rate: 10/10

Something Infinite (BOOK 3)

Summary: With the future looking uncertain at the end of Something Greater - the second book in the Something Great trilogy - has Jenelle survived the dark turn her labour has taken, or is Harry set to be a single father? Life has now become a balancing act between being a father and fulfilling commitments to his career. With his heart being torn in two between his family and his music, Harry makes a final decision that can change not only his life, but everyone around him. With the trilogy coming to a close, does Harry get his happy ending with the family he craved all his life, or does life in the spotlight with influences around him leave him in a pile of regret and nothingness.

Rate: 10/10

Review: Ever read a fanfic series that's fucked you up so much that you couldn't bear it? Well that's what this fanfic series did to me (in a good way). I've had these books saved in my library for a while now and finally took the time to read them and honestly, they were one of the best stories I've ever read. They were written a while ago but I don't care they were still worth reading. I'm serious. I spent weeks reading all 3 books and I've become obsessed. I laughed, cried, and also been tempted to throw my phone a few times because the characters got a little frustrating. I mean...that's the whole point when it comes to fanfics.

What I loved most about this series was how much Jen, the author, took her time when she wrote these books. The plot was realistic and not even close to being cheesy or cliche. She even didn't skip through everything like most author's do. She added details, drama, had the characters go through insecurities and struggles that real people could face while in a relationship, and portrayed the characters (like Harry, Gemma, the 5SOS boys, and Angus O'Loughlin, who is an actual radio DJ in Australia, for example) like how they could be in real life which was really impressive. That's what I always look for in a fanfic. I could go all day about how amazing these stories are! Like they deserve so much more. How did they not get what they deserved??? I don't know how I didn't come across them back in 2014-2015 when they were first written but I'm glad I did now. So if you get the chance READ THIS TRILOGY! Thank me later ;)