↫ Chapter 2 ↬

"But Your Majesty-"

The Queen raises her hand, silencing him and other Alphas. Phoebe could feel the rage oozing off from their queen like wildfire, despite the distances. She sat on her throne chair, facing the Alphas attended the meeting for today. The air in the hall becoming thick with tension and the beta didn't miss her Majesty gripping the end table, fracturing it in the process. The wolf inside Gwyneth is emerging and threatens to rip the Alpha to shreds for disobedience. 

He believed her supposed mate never exists.  

Furious violet eyes turn fiery gold and her growl was loud enough for everyone to hear, "You DARE to question my mate existence?"

Alpha Bruce of Rankine Pack, keep his head bow. "Forgive me, Your Majesty. It's been six years and yet, you haven't found your mate. The packs are getting restless and the Blue Moon ceremony is coming." 

His green eyes look directly into her without wavering, "According to the old tradition, an Alpha King and Queen are needed to be present during the ceremony to bestow their blessing on mates around the world and run along with the packs. It is considered sacred and this won't happen again for the next ten years."

Queen Gwyneth hates to admit this but he is right. Blue Moon only happens once every ten years and without a mate by her side, she'll have to cancel the ceremony which breaks the heart of her people whose eager to join to get the blessing and run along with other packs. Even her packs are getting antsy about the matter. 

She remembers the words of pity and bitter smile thrown at her during the mating ceremony for the last six years. It hurts but she still hopes for her destined mate to be there. Her wolf whines sadly inside, knowing how lonely they are all these years. Even she needs her mate. Gripping her hand together, she shook off the feelings of self-pity and look forward.

"Elder Gregory."

Alphas turn towards an old wise man sitting quietly beside Phoebe. Elder Gregory is the oldest and very respected in the werewolf society. Unlike normal people, he isolates himself in the cold mountain of Lupus with fellow elders. They worship the moon there and only come down when Queen Gwyneth summoned them. Now, only Elder Gregory present while the others meditate. 

He turns to the young Queen with a calm expression. He knew what she's asking, "We cannot change the tradition by having only a Queen attend. The Blue Moon ceremony is a divine meeting between the moon and our wolves. The presence of a King and Queen is not only to give a blessing but shows how close they are to each pack and the strong bond we all shared. It also shows how thankful we are for the moon. 

And what Alpha Bruce has said was true. Your Majesty has ruled over the kingdom for six years and the moon hadn't blessed us the presence of your mate. If this continues, I'm afraid we have to call off the ceremony."

Gwyneth could feel sadness seeping into the air. She can't help but feel guilty. 

"Then may I suggest a solution?"

Gwyneth glances to her right and found an Alpha stood with his head bowed. She knew the Alpha due to his unique appearance. Alpha Frost of Derellium Pack is unlike any Alpha she met. His hair is white as snow and deep blue eyes compliment his handsome feature. Most Alphas were intimidated by his silent and distant personality. But today, he looks different. A warm glint behind the blue eyes. 

So the rumor is true, he found his mate. 

"What kind of solution, Alpha Frost?" Elder Gregory asked him. 

He lifts his head and said, "Travel to the outside."

Beta Phoebe shakes her head, "I'm afraid we cannot do that. Her Majesty's safety is important and traveling across the continents only draws attention. We cannot risk it."

"Beta Phoebe, I know her safety is important but finding her mate is much easier this way. And don't you want to find her mate? A person who would be our king?" 

Murmurs in the hall heightened as they continue the debate on whether the young queen travel. Gwyneth knew the risk of being exposed once she steps outside the safety of the castle. 

But the idea of finding her mate won the queen over. 

"I'll go."

Her answer silenced them and their heads bowed in submission. They don't have anything to say or retort. Her Majesty's answer is absolute. Elder Gregory lifts his head and claps his hand, "Our queen has made her decision. Do take note Alphas, her Majesty will travel the packs soon."

On the cover of darkness, a man drinks heartily after hearing her Majesty's answer. He licks his lips with dark eyes taking in her feature. The young queen is pure beauty and he wonders how tasty she feels once he takes her. 

He smirked evilly.