↫ Chapter 5 ↬

"T-thank you."

Gwyneth felt full but she couldn't bring herself to decline the pie they made for her. She sat there for more than thirty minutes and all she did was eat. Beta Phoebe snicker beside her. Gwyneth glares at her playfully in return. She scoops a piece of pie into her mouth and couldn't stop moaning from the taste of apple and breadcrumbs combined together on her tongue. The sweetness was just right and it blew her mind.

"This is so good!" Gwyneth exclaimed then turned to Luna Jacklyn, "Do thank the cooks for the amazing meal and desserts. I've never tasted so much flavor at once."

Luna Jacklyn bowed with a smile, "We're happy Your Majesty likes it. I'll inform them later."

It's been a long time since she had a nice meal with people. In the castle, she would eat with Phoebe and Micah but now, seeing everyone enjoying their food and laughter fills in the hall pleases her. The lunch ended after she thanked the members for having lunch with her and proceeded to the office, guided by Alpha and Luna of Esver Pack. The office was furnished with dark oaks furniture and a cream-colored wall excellently decorated with the pack's photo. She beamed when she saw groups of children smiling on the camera. Alpha Dwayne brought them to the chairs in front of his desk then seated them in his chair. Luna Jacklyn had gone to the kitchen to get some tea.

"I'm glad your Majesty agreed to stay in our pack-house. Everyone was very much thrilled to have you here. It is an honor for us to serve under your rule," Alpha Dwayne with a bow to Her Majesty. Though a question bugs his head and he voices them out instead of hiding it. Lifting his head and grey eyes stare into hers, "May I ask a question?"

The queen signals him to continue, "Did you smell anything stronger when you came here? Anything out of ordinary?"

He must have thought she found her mate, "Sadly, no. My mate isn't here."

"I see. Forgive me for the blunt question." He gives an apologetic smile, "Hopefully, you'll find your mate soon when you visit other packs."

"It's alright," Gwyneth nodded and they change the subject quickly. She didn't want to upset her wolf further. She didn't smell anything that could pull her wolf instantly. What if he truly does not exist? She swallows down the nervous doubt creeping onto her. The wolf inside her growls and refuses to believe that. The queen pulls back into reality as the Alpha discusses the issue with packs. Luna Jacklyn enters the office with a set of tea in her hands. They talk about the pack's regular needs and stories of what they've done so far. The conversation continued until Gwyneth excused herself to rest.

"Let me take them to their bedroom." Luna Jacklyn kissed her mate's cheek and guided Her Majesty to her room. The room is on the second floor where Royal warriors were also sleeping. Beta Phoebe said it's for her protection which she sighed again. Sometimes, that woman acts more like an overprotective mother than a friend. They arrive in front of a white door and Luna opens it.

"Welcome to your room."

Gwyneth was awed by it. Queen sized bed in the center and a white color wall fills with local paintings. The tiles are flowery and a bathroom connects to her room which is helpful. A desk and a chair were placed right next to her bed while a nightstand on the opposite. There's even a glass door leading to a balcony with the perfect view of the place. She thanked Luna then turned to Phoebe, "Where will you be resting?"

"Next to your room, of course," She said it like it's obvious. The queen beckons and closes her door after they leave. She was so enthusiastic that she jumped on her bed. After the long journey, she could feel tiredness seeping in. She snuggles against the pillow and lets sleep take over.