↫ Chapter 7 ↬

"This is the seventh pack we'll be visiting."

Phoebe sips a black coffee she buys not too long ago. They had stopped by a diner before they leave the previous territory and time seems to move fast. It's been three weeks since they left the Esver Pack, yet there are no signs of the Queen's mate. The Female Beta never knew that searching for one person would be harder than she thought. She looks over her friend and sees the longing look on the Queen's face as she gazes out the window.  

Phoebe could only hope they find him soon. 

The green blur before the violet eyes. It was hypnotic to stare and she couldn't look away. It's the only thing that could distract her from the angry growling from the back of her mind. Her wolf is getting restless again. It's been like this after the dreadful feeling she got many nights ago. Suddenly, her body is rigid as they enter the new territory. She had been confined to the safety of her castle for too long and the foreign feelings of entering another pack land still discomfort her. 

Iris recognizes the feelings instantly and stays still. Her restlessness was long forgotten. The wolf was more interested in the surrounding through Gwyneth's eyes. Her window is slightly open and she could hear the sound of a roaring stream. Her curiosity gets the best of her and she looks outside. Amazing is not a fitting word to describe what she sees. 

This is one of the rivers flowing from the mountain of Lupus and it stretches open to the Grieveer Lake located just the south of Nafeer Pack. Some say these rivers were blessed by the Moonlight and bring luck to wherever it flows. Nafeer pack is one example of using the river through hydroelectricity. They build a strong dam that could power electricity using only the flow of water. It was a big project for their pack and Gwyneth only saw the dam once when she was young.

The dam benefits the regional economy through hydroponic farmings that focuses on the local vegetation and becomes one of the attraction sites besides the beauty of Grieveer lake. Gwyneth takes in nature with wide eyes and never sees the small smile that graces Phoebe's face. She is glad to see her friend gets excited. 

"Your Majesty. We are about to reach Nafeer's hometown. The main Pack-house is on the top hill up ahead. You'll get to see the locals there and how they fare with everyday lives. I heard they have excellent cuisines that are quite popular and exchanging resources with other packs to contribute more to the interest." 

Phoebe slides on her tablet to check the documents she received not too long ago, "There are no issues so far with the registrations between our kinds and humans. The food and resources are still stable in ratios including the medical supplies. Young warriors undergoing a number of physical tests have been improvised by the Enforcers. I'm quite happy with the results."

"I see... Has there been any sight on Crawlers?" The young Queen voiced out her concern on the activities related to the Kingdom's border. It is known that Nafeer Pack is very much close to the No man's land, a place where monsters and vile creatures prowl. Fogs and dense forests with rocky terrain made it inhabitable for the likes of hers. 

"According to the recent reports, the Crawlers have moved away from the barrier. The causes are still unknown and four Enforcers have taken the duty of removing the creatures away from the border with one of them is specialized in bestiality. The Coven sisters were able to reinforce the barriers and it is still under investigation. Any unassociated parties or public are not allowed to come close to the border., as you ordered." The Female Beta informed her and sips the black coffee again even though it was cold. 

Gwyneth eyed the report on Phoebe's tablet and went over the images of the recent breach. The barrier was solidified and up in good condition but the breach is still baffled the young queen. What kind of force could ripple the barrier? She was sure Crawlers doesn't even do magic nor mold one. The spells behind the barrier are not common magic. It was written and cast by the First King and Elders. To see the barrier broken by something compelling gnawed her thoughts immensely. What if it's a threat that she doesn't know? It will affect the safety of her Kingdom and she would blame herself if something bad happened.