Chapter 11 - Edit soon

The rumbling sound of thunder echoed throughout the night.

Petrified the children who sleep just a few minutes ago. The sound had shaken their very bed. White flashes through the little opening of a window, making them freeze and eventually, bawl their eyes out. The door opens and parents rush to their side, cooing them back to sleep. After the children fell asleep, both parents slept with them, in case they woke up again.

Two rogues patrol above the wall just near the rocks. They look at the rumbling sky and the dark forest across them. Everything is awfully quiet tonight. Even the usual sound of crickets had disappeared. Though, none of them find it unusual. They thought it was because of the mean weather that scares the animals and insects away.

They don't know what awaits them.

"Man... I need to pee."

His fellow guards gave a disgusted look, "You better hurry up! I'm not going to patrol alone out here!"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be back in ten minutes," he waved him off and went to the stairs not far from their position.

"Ten!? Make it five!" He shouted back at him before he climbs down. He exhaled and leaned on the wall just behind him. He shouldn't have taken this shift for his friend who's clearly enjoying himself right now. He looks over the campfire on the ground where some of the guards parading and drinking the mead heartily. Gulping his saliva, he turns his back on them.

"No worries," he said to himself, "After this shift, I'll drink ten bottles of mead."

Suddenly, the rustling of leaves caught his attention. Curious, he gets closer to the edge of the wall and looks over a particular tree, a good four meters away from where he stood. He couldn't see or smell anything which is very strange. He swore he had heard something. Just before he could look at the ground outside, a foot came flying to his face. Knocking him down instantly.

Alee lands perfectly on the floor and chuckles. What a careless man. When the coast is clear, she whistled. Under the cover of shadows, some of the warriors had stood by and awaited her orders. They were camouflaged among the trees and thankfully, the moon is out tonight, giving them the full advantage. When they heard her, they jumped to the wall and climbed. She looks over her shoulder and nodded to all ten of them. Time for some action.

She knocked out the second guard who had just come back from his 'time' and scanned the area inside stealthily from her post. Being a twin, it's easy for her to send the image from her brain to her brother, who's waiting anxiously for her message.

'Here's what I saw.'

Jorund receives the image and swiftly draws the outline inside with a few papers. The detailed image is much better than yesterday's report. Satisfied, he gave it to his Alpha and Beta. They were all camping in the south of the danger zone which is one kilometer away. Away from the prying eyes, especially the rogues. They are two-hundred warriors from Nafeer and two-hundred royal warriors from Lupus. Her Majesty had called Micah last night to send help as fast as he could. And he did.

Now, everything is ready.

'Thanks, sis. Now, you know what to do, and please be careful,' her brother replied and end their mind-link when Alpha Alaric gave orders to each group.

Alee had fifteen minutes to open the main gate. Meaning she needs to do it fast. With her dagger and warriors behind her back, she jumps into action. Rogues hadn't realized their presence until their throats got ripped out. One by one, the rogues above were taken down until one rogue manages to call for backup before he died by her hand. They heard a shout and found rogues charging toward them. She growled and changed into her wolf. She clawed and kill most of them on her path then rushes to the main gate. Warriors fought them all off, giving her time.