Chapter 12 - Edit soon

Gwyneth couldn't believe it. 

After all these years, she finally found him. 

The minute their eyes collide, both hearts beat faster and the mate bond intertwines with one another, giving its first warm touch. The feeling of him in her arms fill the void in her heart and she thanked the moon for answering her prayer. Her tears form a river down his body and it pained him to hear her soft sob. He whimpered and rub his bearded cheek on her, hoping to ease her grief. 

Much to Alareyn's surprise, she stops and sniffed. She took in his scent before pulling herself away. Her wolf whines at the loss of her mates' touch. She looks at the silver chain on his wrist and for the second time, her violet eyes meet him, "Let's get you out of here."

His blue eyes widen when her hand tried to touch the chain. Not wanting the silver touches her skin, he pulled back. She gave a confused look when he shakes his head, "Mate will get hurt..."

Her heart is warmed by the touch of his words and the sound of his voice makes her wolf howl. Gwyneth blushed when her wolf keeps on replaying his voice in her head. She ignores her wolf and focuses on the silver chain. The burn on his wrist is getting worse and she needs to act quickly. 

"I'll be careful, I promise." 

Not waiting for his answer, she pulls both chains off the wall and grips one cuff on his wrist. Combined with her wolf strength, she breaks it to pieces. She did the same on the other cuff and quickly catch him before he falls. After ten years of living in this horrible nightmare, someone finally saved him and he's glad she found him instead of the opposite. Exhaustion took over him and he rests his head on her shoulder, close to her heart. The feeling of her delicate skin caused the sparks to erupt on the contact. This way, he knew the woman in his arms is real. 

Her warm body. Her silky touch. Her midnight hair. Her scent. Her eyes. 

She is real to him as he is to her. 

Feeling overwhelmed so suddenly, Alareyn buried his face in her hair and breathed in her scent. The smell of lilac and raspberries enter his nostril and it calmed him. His arms tighten around her, not wanting to let his mate go even for a second. He focuses on the feeling of her to replace the pain inflicted on his body right now. She, on the other hand, sighed happily in his arms. There is still fighting going on above but her Majesty and her mate are too engrossed with one another. None of them wants to leave each other's arms yet. The feeling of loneliness from previous years gets the best of them in that one fateful moment. 

Blessed by the moon, two souls will eventually find each other in the end. Nothing can separate them nor break the bond forming through their eyes. Especially for Gwyneth and Alareyn. Both have been through a lot and both deserve their moment together in that very cell. The content of having his arm around her made her the happiest person in the world. Even her wolf jumped with joy at the back of her mind. Suddenly, a question struck her. Her mate lift his head when she pulled away and his heart fluttered from the bright smile reaching her eyes, 

"My name is Gwyneth. What's yours?"

His wolf purred at the sight of her. Her name sounds beautiful in his ears and he couldn't help but let her name roll off his tongue, "Gwyneth..." He noticed the shiver down her body. He thought she was cold so he rubs his hand on her back. He didn't realize the rosiness blooming on her cheeks and all because of her perverted wolf. His sensual touch didn't help her at all. 

"My name is Alareyn." 

He gives a small smile but her face worried him. She looks bewildered and her violet eyes mist with new tears making him panic, "Is something wrong?"