Chapter 21 - Edit soon

"You will die here, Alpha of Nafeer."

Blood painted the side of his torso where the rogue had slashed him. They've been fighting for longer than the Alpha anticipates and he knew the rogue is no ordinary. He manages to take down some of his best warriors and some had died by his hand. Despite the pain, Alpha Alaric still stood his ground and bared his teeth against the intruder. The rest of his men are barely alive and they need to get treated as soon as possible but the killers become the biggest obstacle in their path. Dressed in all black, the man leaned against the dark shadows of the tree and plays with a bloody knife in his hand. His red eyes zeroed on Alaric and the intention of wanting to kill the Alpha is clear as day. 

"Not unless you die first."

People would fear for their lives after receiving the dark threat coming from an Alpha but the man he faced didn't flinch nor was scared. The rogue remains aloof on his spot. His eyes hadn't left the Alpha and times ticking by. Alaric gritted his teeth and prayed that his Beta manages to catch the other intruder before she could reach the pack-house. Due to his fallen warriors and rogues ambushed, he had mind-link the pack-house of the matter and received a distress signal in return. Four rogues were attacking the main pack-house and he needs to be there as fast as he can. 

Though first, he needs to get past this man. 

"After I'm done with you, I'll go back and kill the rest of your pack," the rogue licked off the blood from his weapon with a mischievous grin that could fool people easily as playful, "Starting with your lovely Luna and daughter."

His eyes widen and his wolf took over his body. Blinded by fury, Lynx let out a thundering roar that spooks the forest. Birds flew away and animals hide from the terror of the famous Alpha. Some of the Nafeer warriors feel the need to submit even in their injured state. No one spoke a word for their leader is angry and his icy-blue eyes mark his target with the intent of ripping his flesh. 

The rogue smiles falter after a blow is delivered to his face. He was thrown to the ground with force and hit the tree trunk, causing it to break. Shaking his head, he wipes the blood from his mouth and looks at the blood on his palm. Never once he had been hit by his prey and yet, the Alpha managed to draw some blood from him. He laughed and lift himself off the ground. He is so going to enjoy this fight. He stands up and transforms into a wolf to match his fierceness. They both growl and circle each other until thunder rumbles above them. 

The Alpha is the first to launch forward and both claws out. They tried to rip each other's throat and the killing instinct burned in their veins. Both have different agendas: the rogue wanted to please his master by finishing the Alpha of Nafeer while Alaric wants to protect his pack from the living threat. 

Somewhere in the middle of the forest, the Beta manages to catch the other rogue by tackling her to the ground and throwing her knife away before she could use it. Gunner clamps her hand over her head and the fire in his eyes hadn't dissipated after he found out about their mate bond, "What is your purpose for attacking our pack?"

Her brunette hair is a mess and cold red eyes glare at him but he didn't care. He should feel the joy of finding a mate, yet the she-wolf is a rogue and a killer. She had killed the warriors skillfully without hesitation. The only thing he wants to focus on now is her associates' plan, not the feel of her body. She struggles beneath him and gives up quickly because of the sparks. She blew her hair off her face and watch his eyes conflicting, "Just because you're my mate doesn't mean I will answer you."

The Beta let out a frustrated growl and his wolf is slowly taking over, "I suggest you answer me before I do something regret and trust me, I will get the info out of you by force if I have to."