Chapter 39

"You don't try enough! The queen is still out there!" 

"Queen Gwyneth must be found or the whole kingdom will be in turmoil!"

Micah glared at Alpha Quinn of Wesleyan Pack on the screen and hand tighten to fist, "You don't think we know that? Hundreds of soldiers and trackers were trying their best at the moment, and I would gladly join the searching team if not for this damn meeting! Don't you dare think otherwise of us!"

The Alpha snarled and Beta Micah let out a growl when a feminine hand touches his shoulder. He turns back and meets a pair of gray eyes. What is she doing here? Micah thought he told her to rest due to her state and he wouldn't forgive himself if she hurt easily. He was about to ask when Beta Phoebe shakes her head and meets the Alphas' eyes, "Gentlemen, remember the purpose of this meeting. I doubt her Majesty wanted us to fight among each other when we can unite and bring a solution together. My mate and I will not conduct this sudden meeting if not's concerning the lives of each pack."

The Alphas stiffen for a minute and awaits her further explanation, "There's a numerous report of rogues sight outside the edge of our kingdom and we've tried to confirm this with the border patrols working at the time. All of them confirmed the suspicion and the puzzling part is none of the rogues tried to infiltrate yet." 

Micah continued after that, "We want you all to prepare. If you think the pack-ground is not safe at the moment, send your people here where the Royal Soldiers can defend them. I will command the witches to prepare an emergency portal for each pack ground so they can get here safely. It will take too much nature's energy but we don't have much choice. Our first priority is to keep yours and our packs safe from the possible danger."

"Why haven't you tried taking down the rogues? It is easier that way and saves us the troubles," Alpha Bruce of Rankine Pack commented.

"Alpha Bruce, haven't you listen to what they say?" 

Everyone shifts their eyes towards Alpha Alexys of Stormblood Pack, one of the Alpha Female alive and respected in the higher ranks, "As the Betas said before, they will not conduct this meeting if it's not an emergency. I suspect we are not dealing with just a small number of rogues. There's might be hundreds of them roaming the edge of Kingdom without us knowing."

Every Alpha went quiet and the amount of silence is unnerving for both Betas of Lupus until Alpha Bruce voice the question with a worried expression, "Is what Alpha Alexys said was true?"

"Yes." 

There is no hesitation in Beta Micah's voice. 

"And the Banished is responsible for her Majesty kidnapping," Beta Phoebe spat in anger. 

"She's alive?"

"What kind of a sick joke is this? I thought the traitor, Reda, kidnapped her. How did she gets involved in this?"

Murmurs erupt the meeting room and Beta Micah quickly interrupts them, "Before her Majesty was taken, the guards stationed outside the Royal Garden overheard the Queen's conversation with Reda and her name comes up. We believed she had contacted Reda and corrupted him from the insides. No one can wield the dark-mist power other than the Banished and the King of Rogues. We know he is still locked up in the prison with the Guardians and that left us with one person, Zeena. "

"Why is the late King and Queen's murderer still let loose after what she's done?"  

Both Betas meet the icy blue eyes that belong to Alpha Frost. He had a dark past of losing his parents to an ancient being and this situation is nonetheless the same. Both Alpha Frost and Queen Gwyneth lose their parents at a young age. Raised without parents is hard and Phoebe understood why he was bitter.