Chapter 8

"Help! Mommy! Please!" I screamed out. I was a little girl again. Pain filling my leg. I couldn't walk. Sobbing from the pain, I made another attempt to get up... but I failed.

"Someone help!" I cried. I heard the leaves and twigs crunching, and gasped looking around for who or what was approaching. A wolf appears into the moonlight, and then another.

One a mixture of brown and black, the other white as snow. "Please, don't hurt me," I cried. the brown one looked at the white one and nodded.

The white one took a step closer to me. I tensed up. Short breaths of fear leaving my mouth. There were shouts in the distance, making the wolf stop.

He looked at me. Our eyes looked into one another's. Something washed over me. I instantly trusted him. He stepped even closer to me.

Then the memories swirled, and I was inside the palace. "She has to know," I heard mum say. "Does she really? Your grace, She's just a child," I heard Josh's voice reply.

My wolf sitting on the floor next to him, head lowered in sadness. "She needs to know why you're leaving. And you need to tell her," Mum said, and I walked through the door.

"Who's leaving mummy?" I asked. "Josh, let's talk elsewhere," Mum replied. The two left the room. I knew Snowball was leaving. But why? Why was he leaving?

"Snowball?" I looked at the white wolf. He lowered his head. "Don't leave me!" I ran over and hugged him. My heart aching, "Please don't leave me! Please! I need you here. I need you to protect me! please don't go!" I sobbed against him as he whined a bit.

The memory swirled again. I was sitting in my window overlooking the front of the palace. Tears rushing down my cheek. Then there were two specks entering the clearing. One was brown and black mixed, and the other was completely white.

"SNOWBALL!" I yelled excitedly. I ran down the stairs and out the door. "Snowball!" I yelled again when I saw the white wolf running towards me.

Then the memory swirled around this time... leaving me in complete and utter darkness. "No!" I yelled out, my voice back to normal.

"No! I want to wake up! Please let me wake up!" I cried out. The darkness was overcoming me. It was encircling me. I was suddenly in water... drowning.

"Help!" I cried out struggling in the black water. "Please! Help!" I cried. Then something grabbed my ankle and yanked me under. I screamed until I couldn't scream anymore from the water.

I suddenly bolted upright. I was gasping for air. "Avia? Are you alright?" I heard mother ask. "I'm fine, I just... nightmare. Tyler? is he?" "No he's not awake," She answered.

I looked at him after regaining myself. He was still breathing the same way he was when I fell asleep. Something in me knew what to do.

"Mum, could I- could I have a moment alone with him?" I asked. "He could wake up at any moment," She frowned, "He won't be himself."

"I know! I know. I just need a moment alone with him," I said with a frown. "Okay," She sighed, then she glided away. It seems to be the way she walked.

After she was gone. I looked at him. "Snowball... my snowball. My Tyler. My Love. You took care of me. You protected me. You- You cared about me. You- you loved me. Tyler... you were everything I needed you to be. A protector and a friend. I love you,

"But... but it's not time for you to leave me. I- I still need you. You promised you'd always be here. You said you wouldn't leave me. I need you, Tyler. You're mine, and- and I'm yours." I sobbed. I buried my face in his neck. His fur warming it up.