Chapter 10

I couldn't move. The cabin burned and their bodies just laid there on the ground. I felt so fucking numb.

I wasn't sure if it was the darkness or the pain of losing them. It was so easy and quick that I couldn't stop it. I- I couldn't stop her and this was my fault.

I heard footsteps in the grass that skidded to a stop. "Avia! There you- oh gods!" Tyler gasped at the sight. "Avia? Are you alright?" Josh asked cautiously.

Gen didn't say anything. She ran over to them and checked for pulses. "Avia?" Tyler frowned stepping closer to me. I couldn't take my eyes off of them. They're pale lifeless bodies.

"They're... Gone..." I managed through the pain and numbness. "They killed them... Right there... And it's all my fault... She's right... I was- I was born with it... And she was stuck with it..."

"Stuck with what?" Tyler asked. Josh cautiously grabbed Gen and walked away. My voice got weaker the more I spoke, "I remember... Mother hated that I had it... Father tried reasoning with her, but she wasn't having it. She took it from me, and- and she forced it to Vivian... And now... Vivian's killed them..."

"Sweetie, I- I'm so sorry," Tyler frowned even though he had no idea what i was talking about. He gently placed his hand on my arm.

I snapped and turned to him angrily. "Do NOT touch me!" I yelled. My voice cracked and shook. Blood red magic erupted from my hands as I shook his hand off of  me. His widened in shock and fear. "Avia... Your eyes..." He frowned.

I covered my face and fell to the ground sobbing. But Tyler just stood there a moment. "We're you talking about the darkness?" He asked. While still sobbing, I nodded.

"You were born with the darkness, and Queen Hilda took it away and forced it into Vivian?" He asked. I nodded again. "And now she's killed them!" I cried out.

He knelt down next to me and pulled me into a tight hug. The tightest hug he could get me in. I just sat there and sobbed on his shoulder.

"We have to go back to the tree. I need to yell at someone. I'd rather it be the one responsible rather than you," I finally said after calming down a bit. "Honey, how about we stop Vivian before we make a trip back there?" He suggested.

"Do you- do you remember when I was sick? They told you that I had to go to the Willow Tree or I'd die?" I asked. "Yeah it happened just before the attack," "That was when she did it. The attack was because it happened,"

"And now she's so vengeful and blinded that she's going after you even though you were a child that didn't know what was happening?" I nodded and sniffled.

"I wish there was something I could do," He frowned. "Right now, I- I just want to- to not be alone," I frowned. "Then I'll be right here," He assured.

"You're not going to leave me? I was born with the darkness!" I frowned. "Darkness or not, you're still my love. You're still my whole world," He said kissing the top of my head.

"Avia?" Josh said walking up, "Gen and I have the Pyre ready. We would like your permission to-." "Please. It's just too disrespectful to leave them there," I interrupted.

"Come love," Tyler said moving to stand up. He helped me to my feet and Gen handed me a small boquet of flowers. Tyler helped Josh get Charles and Astrid's body onto the pyer.

We stood there, waiting for someone to speak. I couldn't look at them, but I tried. "Mom... Dad... I- I'm so sorry. I should've done something faster. It just happened so fast," I cried.

"You couldn't have known she was going to kill them," Tyler assured. I looked up at them and frowned. "Something's wrong," I said. "What?" He asked. I climbed on the pyre and and adjusted their hands.

I got back off and stood back in place. "There. Now you can hold hands for all eternity," I sniffled, "They used to tell me how they would want to hold hands forever."

"Would you like to say something?" Tyler asked. "I- I- I don't deserve to get to say anything. This is my fault," I frowned. "Of course you deserve to say something. Sweetie, this isn't your fault," Tyler frowned.

"Okay," I took a deep breath. I couldn't think of anything to say. What does one say to the people who took a child that isn't theirs in and raised them as though she were their own. Then I remembered a song they used to sing to me.

"Deep in the trees
where the stars will shine bright
And the sun will always come
to bring morning light.

Don't be afraid my sweet
Keep the ground at your feet
For no matter where you roam
You'll always find home.

Deep in the trees
where the creatures all hide
I will always be there
Right by your side

And no matter where you you go.
I hope you'll always know
That every path you take
will always lead you home..."

I tried my hardest to make it through the song, but I just started crying near the end. "I guess they are going home," Josh frowned.

"They did not deserve this," I cried. "We will avenge them," Tyler said. "I know, because I will do everything in my power to make sure that Vivian pays for this. Enough innocent people have died to fill her revenge," I frowned.

"We're here for you," Tyler assured. I took my boquet and made a little flower crown out of it. Then I gently placed it on mother's hair. Tyler did the same to his and placed it on father's.

Then I held out my hands and with all my power I forced vines to errupt from the ground and wrap around them layer by layer.

As each vine layed over them it turned to silver and shined in the sunlight. Soon a full silver coffin of sat before us.

It looked like the vines, and had little flowers here and there. Then in the middle of the coffin on the right side there was a elegantly shaped solid spot.

I walked to it and waved my hand over it. Words began to engrave themselves in it.

In loving memory of Charles and Astrid Lloyd. May they rest in the peace and safety of the Gods, and return to continue to bless us with their love.

"You don't put dates?" Josh asked. "Of course not," Gen replied. "Faeries reincarnate. We never truly die. Our births and deaths are recorded, but never on the tombs. It's as if saying that they're not able or allowed to reincarnate," I explained.

"That's truly beautiful," Josh said. "Come love," Tyler wrapped his arms around me, "We must find a new shelter before night."

"I know exactly where we're going to go," I replied looking back at him. "Where?" He asked. "Where we need to go. The only way we can stop her is to unite what's left of both of our people. And there's only one way we can do that," I explained.

"What's that?" Gen asked. "There's only one person who can reunite all faeries and wolves that are unaffected by the corruption," I continued. They all looked at me curious. I sighed, "My real mother... The true Queen of the Faeries."

----------------------

Here's a second chapter to make up for the log wait! Thank you guys! So much for reading!

Love you!