Chapter 15

"Avia! It's okay! It's just me!" I heard Tyler's voice as I splashed around in the water and screamed. I didn't even know where I was, or how I got here. "What?" I frowned looked around me, and taking in my surroundings after I finished splashing Tyler in the face, "Where am I? Why am I in the water? What happened?"

"Calm down, love. You don't remember?" Tyler's voice sounded confused. I turned and looked at him. He had blood all over his face and shoulders, the rest was under the water. I started to hyperventilate, and he quickly wrapped his arms around me tightly.

I relaxed in his arms and rested my head on his shoulder. "What happened? One moment I'm- I'm strapped to a table, the next moment I'm neck deep in the river. How did I get here? How am I not dead?" I asked.

He pulled away and looked at me confused. "Sweetheart, you walked yourself in the water. You said that you would heal under the Willow Tree, and the dagger it- it- dissolved inside of you. It- it looked like it's life became yours. You were healing, and you stood up and walked into the water. When you were covered in water it was like all your wounds dissolved away," He said in disbelief.

I looked down at my self, and moved my arms into view just in time to see the scars dissolve away. "I'm- I'm okay?" I frowned. "You look fine to me," He smiled nervously. "Where were you?" I said slapping his shoulder. "I'm sorry. She had us all chained up in the cells. Luckily Louise caught wind of what was happening. They had her tricked too," He explained.

"I'm so sorry, I thought-," "I know what you thought, my love. Louise told us how they tricked you," He interrupted me. "And then you raced me here? I don't remember that," I frowned. My mind blanking just after she stabbed me with the dagger. "What's the last thing you remember?" He asked.

"Her stabbing me with the dagger," I frowned, "That's literally the last thing I remember. I wish I could remember more." "That was the end of it," He assured, "We had to force her to rip the dagger out, because you told us that only she could." "I did?" I frowned.

"Yeah, but lets not worry about that. Let's just relax. Everyone's safe, Vivian is dead, and you're not dead!" He smiled swaying his arms out to keep himself above water. I wrapped my arms around his neck to stay afloat because I was getting tired. I rested my head on his shoulder again and closed my eyes.

"Tired?" He asked, and I nodded. He swam us over to the dock and crawled up on it, then he pulled me up cradled me in his lap as the sun began to set. I smiled as he held me tighter than usual. "I thought I was going to lose you," He frowned and sniffled. "Me? Go anywhere that's away from you? I'd rather die," I replied trying to be silly and sarcastic, but coming out groggily.

He chuckled a bit and started to pet my wet hair back. "Get some rest, I'll move us somewhere comfortable once you dry off," He said rocking a little. I couldn't stay awake any longer and fell asleep.

---------------------

The next morning, I woke up to some laughter and music nearby. I felt an arm holding on to me tightly a large figure behind me. I rolled over and looked at Tyler snoozing on the ground by me.

We were near the waterfall still and I saw lights by the Willow Tree. Everyone must be up there celebrating. I caressed Tyler's face and smiled.

He snorted awake and quickly looked around, then at me. "Hey," He smiled, "Are you okay?" "I'm fine. Just woke up," I replied, "When did they get get here?"

"Not long, but I wanted to stay with you," He sighed holding me tighter. "I love you, princess," He chuckled. "I love you, my future king," I replied.

"Do you wanna get up and head over there?" He asked. "Yeah," I replied moving to get up. He chuckled and stood up to help me to my feet. Then he stopped me as I took a step towards the tree.