Chapter 11

"Are you even sure that she'd come back? She may have looked okay, but she's still weak," Tyler frowned.

"She only needs to show her presence," we can protect her," I explained as we walked to the Willow Tree's Cavern.

"How are you going to convince her?" Tyler asked. "After what she did to me, she won't have a choice," I replied angrily.

"You're taking this so calmly," Gen Sai sarcastically. "The darkness is different for everyone. From what I've learned it's easier to control for Faeries who are born with it. I was lucky enough to also be born to the Queen of the Light,"

"So why did she do it?" Tyler asked. "She couldn't live with the thought that I had a single ounce fo darkness in me. It is a bit hard to separate it from anger, but I just... I need time," I frowned, "Time we don't have. Although, I don't believe it'll have a similar affect as it did you... Hopefully."

"Hopefully," Tyler frowned.

--------------------

When we made it to the Cavern, Tyler and I led Gen and Josh through the caves into the Willow Tree clearing.

"Wow! I have never seen anything so beautiful my entire life!" Gen smiled in awe. She and Josh were holding hands tightly as they looked around. We walked up the hills a bit, and I stopped and turned to them.

"You three stay here. I need to talk to them privately," I frowned. "Of course, love," Tyler said.

I finished the walk up to the tree. Mum and dad were sitting on the blanket at the base. "You're back? Is something wrong?" Dad asked.

"Yes," I replied, and then I looked at mum, "I remember what you did, and now the amazing and innocent couple that raised me all these years are dead because of it."

"What?" She frowned. "The darkness. My darkness. The darkness I was born with. You took it from me, and forced it on Vivian. Now she's angry and is trying to destroy my life like it was my fault!" I said breathing heavily.

"I take it, Vivian has found a way to give your darkness back. Maybe now the universe will be balanced again," Father sighed. "You owe me, mother," I frowned.

"What can I do to make this up to you?" She asked. "You can start by helping me save everyone else. By reuniting the Faeries and the wolves. You can start by going back and sitting on your throne. Retaking your place as Queen of the Faeries and the real King of the Wolves. Proving that father didn't kill you," I replied.

"I suppose it cannot wait any longer," She frowned. "It is not my job alone, mother," I replied as she stood up, "My friends, Tyler, and I will protect you along the way to the palace. Then we can call all faeries and wolves to it, and you will tell them the truth. About the dark faeries, about dad, and about me." 

"I understand, darling. But are you sure that this is the best course of action? Telling everyone about me?" "It's the only way to reunite them. The gods only know how many people Vivian have, and I'm not about to do this with just the four of us," I replied. 

"Faeries and wolves once lived together as equals, it needs to return to that time," Father said. "Why must you always be the one that is right?" Mother asked. "Because I'm the one that sees reason. All of this would've been avoided had you listened to me about Avia," He replied. 

"I'm sorry that I could not bear the thought of her going dark," Mother frowned. "Well, I-," "Enough! What's done is done," I interrupted, "Now is time to clean up the mess." "Look at this, our daughter has become more dutiful than us," Father smiled. "More responsible," Mother frowned.