Chapter 9

Tyler and I ran through the forest following Josh's sent. His scent turned into his and Gen's scent. The unfortunate part is...

You can't tell if they're in distress or not. So of course we were worried. We sped through the forest and then Tyle skidded to a stop. A big smile on his wolf form's face.

I looked ahead of us and saw a blanket set up like a tent on the ground and bits of another blanket sticking out from under it.

The area was quiet. Like they were probably sleeping. Tyler crept up to the tent and sniffed it a bit. Then he did something that I never thought my soulmate would ever do.

He lifted his leg and pissed on the tent. Seriously! Tyler! I thought to him telepathically. I cannot believe you did that... Oh wait, I can.

What's mine is yours, baby, He replied with a chuckle. "Oh come on!" I heard Josh yell. They're out here having a good time when I could've killed you because of the corruption! They kinda deserved it! Tyler said.

What if looking for us is why they're out here? I thought back, matter-of-factly. Well it's too late now, he replied and I shook my head.

Josh and Gen crawled out of the ten and looked at us. "There you are! We've been looking everywhere for you!" Gen smiled! Josh furrowed his eyebrows at Tyler.

"I ought to beat you senseless for this!" He said angrily. I knew he was only upset, but I got a little protective, and a light snarl came from deep within my throat.

"Oh relax! I'm not gonna hurt him. I'm gonna kill him," He replied, and my snarl became more threatening. "Tyler?" He looked over at Tyler, who turned into his human form.

"Sweetheart... He's all bark no bite. Plus he can't beat me," Tyler smiled a bit trying to keep me from attacking. I tried to turn into my human form... Only I couldn't.

I whined a bit as I tried again. Something was stopping me! What was happening? I whined a bit, and Tyler walked over.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Something is stopping me from shifting back! I thought to him hoping he could hear me. "Something's not letting her turn back," He repeated so everyone understood.

"What?" Gen frowned. "Hold on, Avia. We'll figure this out," Tyler said kneeling down in front of me. Then something flew out from behind me and knocked him back.

I turned around and growled at the faeries I saw standing behind me. Images of one of them attacking my real family flashed in my head, and I recognized him.

I let out a dangerous snarl, and Josh and Gen got into attack formation. Then a woman appeared behind them. She stood straight and chuckled darkly.

"Well hello... Princess Avia," She greeted. Her hair was short just past her jaw line. And it was very white. Her wings were a purple so dark it was almost black. 

She giggled a bit, then waved her hand towards me. A dark purple mist floated around me, and I unwillingly turned into my human form. "A simple spell, you see? Keeps any shapeshifter from... shifting," She informed. 

"Who are you?" I asked. I was so confused, she was not much older than me. Yet... She's a dark one. "You don't remember me, Avia?" She smiled, but she almost looked offended. 

"You don't remember me? Do you?" She frowned, "I am Vivian. Queen of the Dark Faeries." "So you're the one that slandered my father's name, and thieved his identity," I frowned folding my arms. 

"Perhaps," She replied with a straight face. "What do you want?" I asked angrily. "What is it you think I want?" She reflected my question. "To destroy my family," I frowned. "Not at all," She said, and I'll admit that shocked me. But maybe she's lying.