04

Side note: just a reminder to those who don't know - this is a sequel to another book. Check out my profile to read the first book if you haven't already! Thank you, enjoy!

Ruka (2)

It was a long walk to the Earth Kingdom. We found a hospital and a girl quickly helped us out.

"Oh spirits! Please sit." She took Iroh's hand and lead him to a table.

"What happened?" She asked any of us. "He made tea from a White Jade and drank it." I answered. Iroh's face had swelled up greatly and he looked funny. It was hard not to laugh at.

"Oh my." She chuckled, "I'm going to have ask you to remove your shirt."

Iroh nodded and let his shirt fall. The girl rubbed a sort of cream onto Iroh's rash spots.

"You three must not be from around here. We know better than to touch the White Jade, much less make it into tea and drink it."

Iroh laughed sheepishly, "Oops!"

I shook my head with a chuckle at Iroh, "It's that obvious?"

"Just a bit. So where are you traveling from?" She asked Zuko and I. We were sitting on a bench away from them.

Zuko quickly stood up, "Yes we're travelers."

"Way to be subtle." I mumbled.

"Do you have names?"

"Names? Of course we have names! I'm... Lee and this is my Uncle, uh, Mushi!" Zuko nervously grinned with a shrug.

I smiled, "Mushi because hes gushy."

"My nephew was named after his father so we just call him Junior!"

"Mushi and Junior, huh? And what's your name?"

"Me? Oh, well... Jade! Yup, after the White Jade!"

"Yeah because she's like the rash the White Jade gives you: irritating." Zuko smirked with his arms crossed. I elbowed his side.

"Don't they just make the cutest couple?" Iroh asked. The girl giggled with a nod.

When she turned back around to Iroh, Zuko and I sent them both a glare.

"My name is Song. You three look like you could use a good meal. Why don't you stay for dinner?" Song offered.

I nodded quickly while holding my stomach that began to rumble at the word 'food'.

But Zuko objected. "Sorry, but we need to be moving on."

I slumped my shoulders, "Now you're the rash."

"That's too bad. My mom always make too much roast duck."

"Where do you live exactly?" Iroh intervened.

Song smiled, "After you clean up, we can head over there."

>>>

"Mom, this is Mushi, Lee, and Jade." Song introduced us to her mother. We bowed to her.

"We're sorry for just barging in like this." I said to her mother. She shook her head, "Any friend of Song's is welcome. I've already started to set the table, come. Let's get you three washed up."

Once we all were seated at the table, we began to eat. As her mother brought over another plate of roast duck, she began a conversation. "My daughter tells me you're refugees. We were once refugees ourselves."

"When I was a little girl, the Fire Nation raided our farming village. All the men were taken away, that was the last time I saw my father." Song hung her head down with a frown. "I'm so sorry." I empathized.