32

Side Note: please wait to play the song (:

Ruka (2)

Yesterday we moved into our new apartment in the Upper Ring. Zuko's sickness lasted only a few days. It was quite boring since he slept the whole time, but the worrying kept me up.

It was early when Iroh started to make breakfast. I sat at our table, looking out the window. The sky was a bright blue. The clouds were white and puffy. It was fresh outside - it really felt like spring.

"Something's not right." I said to myself.

"What was that?" Iroh asked.

"Oh, nothing. Carry on with your... goop."

"It's not goop, it's-"

Zuko walked into the kitchen with a yawn while rubbing his eyes. "What's that smell?" He asked, walking over to Iroh.

As Iroh stirred whatever was in that pot, he replied saying, "It's jook. I'm sure you wouldn't like it."

Zuko leaned in with his hands behind his back and took a long whiff of the white soup. "Actually, it smells delicious." He smiles. Zuko picked up one of the bowls next to the stove and handed it to Iroh, "I'd love a bowl, Uncle."

Iroh and I looked at each other with a suspicious/shocked expression. I shrugged and he turned back around.

"Now that your fever is gone, you seem different somehow." Iroh said to him before he poured the goop - I mean jook - into his bowl.

Zuko chuckled, "It's a new day! We've got a new apartment, new furniture, and today's the grand opening of your new tea shop."

As he passed by me, he leaned down and planted a kiss atop of my head. I slightly perked up at the sudden action.

Zuko then took a seat next to me and looked out the window just as I did earlier. "Things are looking up, Uncle."

While he took a sip of his breakfast, Iroh and I glanced at each other. We smiled a happy smile.

I turned my head and faced Zuko. "I'm really happy you're doing well. More than well."

Zuko placed down his bowl onto the table before bringing me into a warm hug. "I missed you."

"I'm right here." I lightly laughed.

"I wasn't able to touch you or talk to you or really admire you. I missed you." He clarified.

I wrapped my arms around him. "I missed you too, Zuko." I put my head on his chest. The sound of his heart beating made me hum. I closed my eyes and took in the moment.

something definitely isn't right,

but I'm not complaining.

>>>

I will say that the grand opening of The Jasmine Dragon is a success. I don't think there's been a moment where the tables weren't full. And the day's not even over yet!

"Hello, welcome to The Jasmine Dragon. My name is Jade and I'll be your host for this evening." I smiled to a couple. "Please follow me."

I walked to an empty table and persuaded my hands out to it. When they were seated, they thanked me.

"It's no problem. A server will come shortly to take your order. Enjoy your meal here." I walked away from the table and returned to my usual spot.