Sweets and Treats #1 - From The Heart

Keep in mind that probably nothing here will belong to me / come from my imagination! Enjoy this part!

*~*~*~*

From The Heart

Give your heart on Valentine's Day and spoil that special someone by creating an individual cake or batch if cakes in a stylish presentation box.

You will need (for 16 mini cakes)

16 heart shaped mini cakes using 4 x 7.5 cm (One and a half x 3in) heart shaped tins (sk)

1kg (2lb 4oz) white chocolate paste

75g (3oz) white couverture chocolate

One batch of chocolate buttercream

Small pot of bright gold ( ea ) or poinsettia dusting powder ( sk )

Heart mould ( fpc )

Heart cutter ( lc )

Painting Solution ( ea )

Gold ribbon

To bake
1) Cover each mini cake with a thin layer of chocolate buttercream. Roll out the white chocolate paste and carefully cover the cakes.

2) Temper a little white couverture chocolate and use this to attach the gold ribbon around the base of each cake.

3) Roll a small amount of white chocolate paste into a ball on icing sugar. Gently press into the heart mould using one large and one small heart shape. Remove the paste from the mould and carefully attach onto the cake with a little tempered chocolate.

4) Use the heart cutter to emboss the cake with a trailing heart pattern. Mix the bright gold or poinsettia dusting powder with a drop of painting solution and carefully fill in the embossed hearts.