How To #9 - Tell Senpai You Like Him Without Words

How to Tell Your Senpai You Like Him Without Words

Sure, the easiest way to tell your crush you like him may be to come right out and say it, but you may be too shy to spill the beans. Don't worry-there are plenty of ways to tell your crush you like him without words. Once he reads the signs, you'll be on the way to enjoying a fun and meaningful relationship with the boy of your dreams.

Part One of Three:
Getting the Body Language Down

1
Make eye contact-and then break it. One way to let your crush see that you like him without opening your mouth is to simply lock eyes with him. Make eye contact for just one or two seconds-just enough time to show you're paying attention-and then look down at the floor or just avert your gaze. This will show your crush that you like him without being too obvious; if you simply stare at him, that may be coming on too strong.
You can try this trick just one or two times when you're in the same room together, whether you're at a party or in class. Just try to be subtle about it; you don't want him to catch you staring too many times!
You can even give him a small flirtatious smile to go along with the look.

2
Smile. You don't need to give your crush an ear-to-ear grin to show him that you're interested. Simply look at him, give him a small smile, and then look away or start a conversation with him. Your smile shouldn't be too big or eager, or he may just think you're being friendly; instead, try to be a little bit mysterious when you smile at him, so you play coy while letting him know you're interested.
If you really want to up your flirtation factor, you can even learn to smile with your eyes.

3
Turn your body toward your crush. Another way to let your crush know you like him is through some simple open body language. If your body is "open," that means that you're standing tall, face your crush, turn your feet and shoulders toward him, and keep your arms out instead of crossed over your chest. This shows your crush that you're interested in him and that you like being around him. The next time you're standing next to him or sitting next to him, make sure you're turning your body in his direction so he sees that you like him.
For example, if you're talking to him and cross your legs, make sure your crossed leg is crossed toward him, not away, so you have more of an open posture.

4
Move closer to him. Another way to show your crush that you like him is to simply move a bit closer to him, whether you're talking to him or just hanging out at the same party. You don't need to be too forward or start close-talking or making him uncomfortable, but you should show him that you like him by simply gravitating toward him in social situations. Without being clingy, you can show your crush that you like him simply by paying a bit more attention than you do to other guys by standing next to him, sitting by him, or making sure you get a chance to chat when you're in a small group.
When you do talk to him, you can make an effort to stand a bit closer or to sit a bit closer to him as the conversation progresses. If he doesn't move away but moves toward you, then this may be a sign that he returns your feelings.

5
Break the touch barrier. If you want to tell your crush you like him without blurting it out completely, one thing you can do is to give him a light touch or two. If you're talking to him or pass by him, you can give him a light touch on the shoulder or upper arm, or even playfully swat his arm if he's teasing you. If you're standing or sitting next to him, you can casually let your feet or knees touch from time to time to show him that you want to get closer.
Just a bit of physical attention will let your crush know that you like him. You don't need to push it too far; just touching him once or twice during a conversation will show him that you like him.

6
Look your best. Now, this doesn't mean that you have to dress to the nines or put on a ton of makeup to get your crush's attention. However, it does mean that you should look and feel beautiful, fresh, and clean when you talk to your crush; putting an effort into your appearance will give you a boost of confidence, and it will also show your crush that you want to make a good impression on him. Make sure to wear clothes that make you feel comfortable and not to pretend to be someone you're not.
If you're hanging out with your crush and just a small group of people, dressing up will show him that you've put some thought into how you look for him, which may indicate that you do have a crush on him.