Chapter 5

Walking around in the forest was amazing. Even though it didn't offer much space with the trees and old spider webs everywhere, I slowly began to clear my mind.

I had been out here for a few hours and I walked slowly making sure I didn't leave Mirkwood or get lost or something.

That is when I heard it, the all to familiar noise that I had hoped I wouldn't hear again, unless I was with Legolas or some of the guard.

Spiders.

But there was something else out there as well. I heard swords and clashing noises and I pulled out my bow and arrow making sure they were secure and running to the noise.

I was silent and saw spiders everywhere. There was much more than the last time I had been out here. They had one trapped up in a web. It was a huge person and they were squirming and trying to escape.

Then I saw the spider flinch and cry out.

A little hobbit had appeared and I wondered how he had gotten so far from home. He was cutting down all of the spiders victims. I shot arrows at the spiders who came near him. I felt like I must protect him.

I showed myself and saw the victims getting out of the webs and then I realized they were dwarves.

The dwarves began to cry out, excited that the hobbit had saved them.

Suddenly a spider came from behind the hobbit and began to attack him.

"Look out!" I yelled.

All their heads turned towards me and so did the hobbit, before he started to kill the spider.

I shot an arrow and made my mark and killed the spider.

"Are you alright?" I asked the little hobbit.

"Fine." He whispered and got up, brushing himself off.

The dwarves began to kill all the spiders and I tried to help them.

"Who are you?!" One of the dwarves yelled at me.

"My names Amara, daughter of Lord Elrond, of Rivendell." I yelled as I began to kill the spiders that tried to grab me.

"Look out!" A young dwarf yelled to me and I turned around, just in time to stab it with my small dagger.

We killed as much as we could, the young dwarf pulled me next to him and the others and we ran trying to get as far away as possible.

"We're clear!" Said the dwarf in the front. He was probably their leader.

Just then another spider shot down from the trees and we ran in the opposite direction.

"My name's Kili, by the way!" The young dwarf said to me.

"Is this really the time for introductions?!" I yelled back at him.

He laughed and I could tell that really nothing could dampen is spirit.

I turned around and immediately I wanted to fade into thin air.

Legolas and the guards were coming and they jumped out of the trees. They killed the spiders and circled around the dwarves, pointing their arrows at them.

Kili and I weren't in the opening and Legolas hadn't seen me just yet.

"Do you know them?" Kili asked me.

I nodded and tried to stay as quiet as I could.

"Do not think I won't kill you, dwarf. It would be my pleasure." Legolas said.