Chapter 11

Bofur knocked on the door to Bard's house. I didn't know if he was going to let us in or not, but I was hoping he would.

"No, I'm done with dwarves. Go away." Bard said as soon as he saw us.

"No. No, no please. No one will help us. Kili's sick. He's very sick." Bofur said.

Bard let us in and we laid Kili down on a table.

"Thank you so much." I said to Bard.

Bofur had gotten Kili something to drink and he fell asleep.

The sun had gone down and I was wondering if the dwarves had made it too the mountain in time. I hoped they did. All of their hard work needed to be payed off.

I sat next to Kili's little bed and watched as he slept. If he wasnt so pale and cold I would guess he was fine and dreaming happy dreams, but I knew better than that.

'Its in his blood, he'll be choking on it soon.'

I heard the orc's voice in my head. I didn't want Kili to die.

I wouldn't let him die.

"Please, please, dont let him die." I whispered.

Some tears had fallen from my eyes and made wet spots on my cheeks.

'Dont let him die'

"What are we going to do?" Bofur asked.

"I'm not sure, I'm trying to think of healing remedies that my father taught me, but there is so many." I said.

"Dont stress, Lady Amara." Bofur said patting my back.

"I cant help it. He's been so nice and kind and gentle. That day that you guys were taken hostage and kept in the dungeons, we were fighting spiders and he fought them, while introducing himself to me. I could already tell then that nothing could ever dampen his spirit." I smiled at the memories.

Bofur smiled.

"He's always been like that. He's the youngest and the most care free, but he knows when things are serious and how to act during those times." Bofur told me.

I smiled.

I got up and started to look at different things to help heal him.

"Lady Amara?" Fili asked me.

"Yes?"

"That is my brother and I know something is going on between you two. So please do me a favour and if we cant save him...if we cant save him dont dwell on the past. He wouldn't want that." Fili said.

I nodded knowing that wasnt going to happen.

"I'm going to save him." I said.

Fili nodded and went back to where his brother was.

Thats when I heard Kili begin to moan and groan and yell out in pain.

"Bofur get me some water and towels." I told him.

He nodded and went into the kitchen.

He poured some hot water into a bowl and ran over to us.

"Can you not do something?" Fili asked Oin.

"I need herbs something to bring down the fever." Oin said.

I tried thinking again. What was it father would use? Elves never got sick, but we had mortals come into Rivendell who need healing, plus my father is looking over a little boy named Aragorn and he was a small boy who needed healing every once in a awhile.