A Chance at a Dance

Annie's POV
*****************
     The week has begun, and it starts off with taking the bus with Clare. On the bus we start to make the poster, since Clare is a really good dancer, her poster to ask Michael says "I KNOW DANCING IS KIND OF MY THING, BUT CAN WE MAKE IT OUR THING AT THE FALL DANCE THIS YEAR? " It's really cute, so on the bus we just start to color it. Our bus arrives at the school and Clare and I get off, when we are walking in I pass Hayden who is at the water fountain. I smile at him, and he smiles back. For some reason he is looking all awkward. Apparently Clare is meeting Michael in the Dance room, and there are going to be people watching. When we get there, I can see Clare's nerves. So I hug her. Then all of a sudden I get a text from Michael...
Michael😜😎: I'm on my way
Me: good
Michael😜😎: but why do I have to go to the dance room again
Me: oh just hurry up! You'll see
     Then out of nowhere Michael walks into the Dance room. And he notices the sign, he starts to read it. And Clare smiles at him, and he smiles back. Then he says yes, and they hug. I get it on video, and then I run to my first hour. The rest of the day was good, up until the end of the day, where Hayden texts all of us to meet in the courtyard outside the school. I get there, very curious as to what's about to happen. Then all of a sudden he pulls a sign out from behind his back, our entire group is there, and he walks up to Julia. The sign is beautiful it says "FALL INTO MY ARMS AT THE FALL DANCE, JULIA?" I think it's so cute and all, but I want to cry,because I want to go to the dance with Hayden.
     "I felt bad having you ask me over the phone, this felt more proper," he says to Julia as they hug. A small tear rolls down my face, but I quickly wife it off, and plaster on a fake smile. Then all of a sudden from behind me I hear...
     "How cute! Awww Hayden Summerall asked Julia Smith to the Fall Dance!" Savanna Ballard says, in the snobbiest voice possible.
     "Why do you care, you probably have twenty guys begging to go with you!" I say as I turn around to give her a look.
     "Oh believe me, I do, but I don't want to go with any of them, I just want to go to the dance alone," she says.
     "Why not go with Chase or something?" I say.
     "Nah! Him and Molly are perfect, I could never come between them," she says.
     "Whatever, never mind." I say as I turn back around, and get on the bus. I sit by McKenna on the bus, because Julia is sitting with Hayden, and Michael is sitting with Clare. The rest of the week, is the same exact routine, everybody around me acts in love, while I sit there alone, with nobody to go to the dance with.
     On Friday, on the way home from school on the bus, Clare sits next to me, because Michael was absent with a cold.
     "Guess what!" Clare says excitedly.
     "What is it?" I say bored.
     "Rumor has it from some of Michaels other friends, that Michael is going to try to kiss me at the dance!" She says.
     "No way! Is that good or bad?" I ask her.
     "Good! It'll be my first kiss!" She says, with a hug smile.
     "Cool!" I say gloomily.
     "I can't wait!" She says.
     "Me neither!" I say. That is basically how all the conversations went, leading up to the Fall Dance, a Dance that I will never forget.

Author's Note:
     Heyyy! I hope everyone reading this is enjoying my book. I'm super excited for the future of this book, because I'm planing for this book to go all the way to Annie's senior year in High School. Anyways if you REALLY like this book please let me know, because I have no clue how my readers like it, and I'd like to know. Also, if you REALLY like my book, please tell other people, because to be honest, I have more drive to write when more people appreciate it. Anyways, I luv y'all💕 FEEL FREE TO COMMENT OPINIONS AND SUGGESTIONS!
~Sincerely Me😝