Christmas Break Begins

Annie's POV
**************
     "FINALLY!" Clare shouts as we bust out of the school doors .
     "I know! Christmas Break has officially started!" Julia stated.
     "Yay, I'm so happy!" I holler as I wrap my arms around Julia in a hug. We trail our way up the bus steps and sit ourselves down. I sit with Julia. Clare heads to the back to sit with Michael. Our city is really small, so we only have about five buses for our whole school, and most of my friends are on mine.
     "Ok, so during Math, a girl brought in cookies for the holiday and they were..." Julia starts to babble on as I sort of ignore her. I watch the bus door out of the corner of my eye, to see when Hayden will arrive. "... so then I had to go to the bathroom to clean the red frosting off my nose." Julia finishes.
     "Oh haha that's funny, I wish I could've been the-" I stop in the middle of my sentence, because Hayden trudges up the steps. I immediately turn into the direction facing him.
     "Hey Hay!" Julia says from behind me.
     "Hey Jules!" He replies.
     "Hi!" I smile.
     "Hey Annie." He says with a smile in return. He sits down behind us, and then his one friend Tyler sits next to him. They start talking about video games or something, and I immediately turn around uninterestedly.
     "Make sure you've got everything!" The bus driver hollers as we approach my stop. Clare, Hayden, this kid Andy, and I all grab our bags and hop off the bus. Clare, Hayden, and I instantly clump up into a trio walking together.
     "Hey, you guys wanna come over my house later today?" I offer.
     "Yes please!" Clare begs.
     "Sure." Hayden agrees.
     "Here I'll let Michael and Julia know." Clare suggests.
     "Wait no, I was kind just extending the invite to you two only" I awkwardly mumble.
     "Oh why?" Clare asks.
     "I mean, I don't know, it's only for a few hours, and I wanted it to stay sorta small, is that ok?" I request.
     "Oh yeah that's fine!" Hayden answers.
     "I guess it's fine with me," Clare responds.
     "Ok cool! Be at my house around six and you guys can stay till like ten."
     "What are we gonna do?" Clare questions.
     "Umm... ya know, we can watch a movie, or hang out, or even go in my hot tub if we can." I suggest.
     "Kk! Bye I'll see you later!" Clare yells as she runs up her driveway to her house. We wave goodbye. Hayden and I continue walking.
     "Hey, can I get your opinion on something important?" Hayden asks out of the blue.
     "Of course!" I reply.
     "Actually, never mind!" He concludes.
     "Hold on a minute... what is it?" I interrogate.
     "It's nothing... oh guess what! I'm getting new Nike shoes soon!" He quickly drafts the subject over to shoes.
     "Cool... wait! No! Stop trying to change the subject!" I exclaim.
     "Hey! I am not changing the subject!" He argues.
     "Yes you are!"
     "I am not!"
     "You are!"
     "No I'm not!
     "Hayden I can't believe you! You're doing it right now by starting this argument!" I laugh.
     "Eh..." he replies. We both start laughing uncontrollably. I don't even know what it is, but we just can't stop laughing.
     "Ok now tell me!" I demand.
     "Tell you what?" He asks. I start to laugh again, and so does he. "Ok! Fine... I'll tell you, in like a minute." He suggests.
     "Ok fine, if a minute is what it takes then-" I start to say, but all of a sudden he runs off till he reaches his house. I chase after him. When I finally get to the point where our driveways our parallel, I shout,
     "You Are Crazy Hayden Summerall!"
     "I know!" He yells back.
     "That boy is something else..." I whisper to myself as I walk into my house.