The Next Week

Annie's POV
****************
When I arrived at the bus, I ran up the steps. I look all around the bus for someone to sit with, I pass Clare who is sitting with Michael. I walk a little further and I pass Hayden and Julia, they both kind of give me an odd look, and I keep walking. I look for McKenna, but she is sitting with Molly. I continue walking until I reach the end of the bus, where there is an open seat. I sit down and put my earbuds in. I play my favorite playlist which consists of all my favorite songs. As I'm sitting listening to my music, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Julia.
"Hey, can we talk?" She asks.
"Yeah, we need too..." I say as I nod my head.
"I don't know what's happening right now, but I'm so confused," she says, as she looks down at her lap.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything that I said," I plead.
"No it's fine, I mean after all you had just witnessed your best friends boyfriend kissing another girl, you probably didn't know how to tell me, don't worry though, I understand, I didn't take it the wrong way," she reassures me. Although, she is completely missing the point...
"Ok..." I say unseeingly. "Did Hayden not tell her what I said about him and I?" I think to myself. I sigh in relief, now the situation is so much easier. "So everything is good between us, right?" I ask her.
"Of course!" She exclaims. When we arrive at school, the rest of the day goes well, in fact the rest of the week goes well. I am really starting to enjoy my middle school life.
The next week was the week leading up to the Vocal concert on Friday. Julia and I are definitely excited for it.
"Alright everyone, I hope you all took vocal rest over the weekend, because this is our big week, we only have four concerts this year. Let us make this one start with a bang!" My vocal teacher, Mrs. Brooke's says, as we all high five each other. "Now Annie and Julia, I'd like to talk to you guys about your duet," she calls us over to her desk.
"What is it?" We say in unison, then we both look at each other and laugh.
"I think that instead of a duet, that you should both sing solos, how does that sound?" She asks in curiosity. My jaw drops, for I'm completely in shock.
"That sounds great, yes!" I shout with no hesitation. I turn to Julia to jump in excitement, but I notice that she isn't as happy as I am, she's standing there with her arms crossed as she bites her lip. "Are you ok?" I ask her in concern. Julia doesn't answer me though, she keeps staring into space. "Julia!" I shout, which luckily gets her attention.
"Uh... I don't know... I just won't sing anything I guess... I don't know... sorry..." she says in fear as she quickly hurries back to her seat. I look over to Mrs. Brooke's who looks completely surprised. Then out of nowhere this girl Ava pipes up and says,
"Um... Mrs. Brooke's I can surely sing a solo, and I'm sure I'll be able to fill her shoes... what song is it?" She says loudly, making sure that the entire room heard her, including Julia. I saw Mrs. Brooke's give a hand motion that signaled her to talk to her, I just shook my head in annoyance. I look over at Julia who had her hair all crowded in her face.
"Are you ok?" I ask again, even though I already know what she'll say.
"Yeah I'm fine, I don't wanna talk right now," she says as she completely shuts me out of her moment. Even though I know she says she's fine, I don't believe her, because nobody actually means they're fine, when they say those words "I'm fine" ... funny huh?