Vocal Concert

Annie's POV
***************
"I love to sing... ahhhhhh!" I sing out as we are doing our vocal warmups. Julia and I don't communicate much ever since she put down the solo. I wonder why. Instead I just hang out with some other people during vocal who I'm not really close with, but are still friends with. Julia sits alone during vocal warmups, and she sat alone at our pizza party this morning. I feel as if I can't go on and sing without knowing why she is so upset.
     Five minutes before the concert I pull Julia aside.
"Hey... is everything ok?" I say.
"Yeah I already said I-" she begins as I cut her off.
"No... everything isn't ok, you are obviously acting differently, you look overwhelmed and upset, so you need to tell me why..." I demand.
"I don't need to tell you anything, maybe I just didn't want to sing a solo, is that ok or not!" She shouts in anger.
"No it's fine, but what about everything else? You don't sit next to me anymore during vocal, or any of our other classes, you ignore me at lunch, I just feel like you are completely secluding yourself from everything that involves me! Why?" I shout, with sadness in my voice.
"I don't feel like telling you, and I don't have to!" She says as she walks away.
"Please come back, I want to talk it out, please?" I plead, as she walks off.
"Everything is already said and done, now bye, oh and good luck on your solo, I'm sure you'll do just perfect!" She says sarcastically. She then walks out of they area, and tears pour down my face. She has never been like this before. I don't feel ready to sing at all. Then I hear over the loud speakers,
"Next we have Annie Leblanc performing a classical piece that she has been singing since she was five years old, it is definitely one of her..." the speaker goes on, but I began to block him out as I go get my mic checked. All of a sudden I hear loud clapping which means that my introduction is over. I walk onto the stage and smile as I hold the mic in front of my face. Then the music starts to play and I take a deep breath. I start the song strong and continue it with a nice melody. As I am nearing the end of the song though, I come to a high note. As I go to hit it, my voice slightly cracks and I know exactly why. I wasn't focused on my song. I was only focused on the fact that one of my closest friends and I were in this big argument, and I didn't even know what for.
     After the song finished I quickly hurried off stage and ran to the bathroom. I cried into the sink for about five minutes straight. I looked into the mirror and there were black mascara marks smeared down my cheeks. As I bawl my eyes out even more, I notice that I'm not in the bathroom alone. I quickly splash my face in the water and run to wipe of my face.
"Hey..." Julia says as she comes out of a stall. I gasp and turn my head away from her. "Wait, I'm sorry, I feel awful, I just... I don't know... it's been a lousy week," she says as she comes over to hug me. I let her hug me as I set my chin on her shoulder and cry. She squeezes me real tight. I don't even have to say anything, but by what is happening in the moment, I can tell that we've forgiven each other.