Chapter 9

A/N: IT'S MY BABY'S BIRTHDAY AHHHHH I'M SO HAPPY TAE DESERVES ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD HE'S AMAZING AND GORGEOUS AND JUST PERFECT AJDJK but I'm releasing this sad ass chap on his birthday BUT ITS OKAY I LOVE HIM

The rest of the day was filled with Taehyung moping around and trying his very best to avoid Jungkook. It was rather easy, since the younger boy was spending almost all of his time with Jimin.

The next day Taehyung woke up to see that Jungkook was completely gone from his bed. He almost got up to go look for him, until he remembered his plan.

He put on a determined face and stood up, preparing himself for the rest of the trip and maybe even the rest of the life. He let out a soft sigh as he made his way out of the room and to Yoongi, Jimin, and Hoseok's room.

"Are you guys awake?" He asked as he knocked on the door lightly.

A groan was heard on the other side of the door by Yoongi.

The mint haired boy opened the door with a bored expression. "Can I help you?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

Taehyung ignored him and walked past him into the room. Hoseok was sitting on his air mattress, playing on his laptop. Jimin laid on his and Yoongi's bed; his eyes puffy and red from probably just waking up.

"I hate my life." He groaned out as he flung his hands to his face, trying to cover himself. "Me too." Hoseok chuckled and shut his laptop. "What's wrong?"

Taehyung groaned again. Yoongi rolled his eyes and sat on the bed, next to Jimin. "What do you do when you have feelings for one of your best friends, but if you tell them everything is gonna be fucked?"

Hoseok's face went from smiling to a frown in a millisecond. His eyes darted to Yoongi before quickly looking back down at the floor.

"Just fucking tell Jungkook you like him." Jimin narrowed his eyes at Taehyung, who seemed shocked.

"H-How did you know I like him?" Jimin burst out laughing, falling back on the bed softly. Yoongi struggled to conceal his laughter.

"It's obvious as hell that you like him dude." Hoseok giggled at Taehyung's now pale face.

"Listen, just tell him. Okay?" Yoongi gave Taehyung a stern look, as if almost forcing him to do it. "Fuck no! There's so many things that could go wrong." Taehyung gulped. "I'm just going to ignore him until my feelings go away."

All of the boys, except for Taehyung, burst into laughter yet again.

"That's not gonna work, you actual idiot." Yoongi chuckled as he wiped a stray tear from his eye.

"Oh just a head's up, to try and show Jungkook that you like him so that he'll get the balls to ask you out, I made a plan." Jimin awkwardly chuckled. The room went silent.

"A...plan?" Taehyung asked nervously. Jimin gave him a sorry smile.

"Imayhaveinvitedalexovertogetyoujealousandtheymayormaynotbehangingoutalonerightnowoutside." Jimin said, jumbling his words together. Yoongi cackled as Taehyung sprung up off of the bed he had flopped onto.

"First of all, fuck you Park Jimin. Second of all, fuck my life." Taehyung breathed out, trying to calm himself down.

"I mean, it worked." Jimin smiled devilishly. "And besides, I don't even know if Alex is into dudes. I'm only strongly sure he is."

Taehyung forced away the feeling to stab him as he hurried out of the room into the kitchen. He grabbed a glass cup from one of the cupboards and quickly filled it up with cold water.

He planned to bring the cup of water to Jungkook and act surprised that Alex was there then ask to hang out with them. A perfect plan, he thought.

He grinned at himself for being such a quick thinker as he opened the front door. He looked over at the small lake as he started to walk towards it, seeing Alex and Jungkook talking. He felt his blood boil with jealousy, but pushed it back as he tried to remain calm.

Suddenly Taehyung felt his entire world rip apart as Alex attached his lips to Jungkook's. As if time had completely slowed, the glass cup fell from Taehyung's hand and shattered on the ground.

Jungkook looked over at Taehyung, a shocked expression covering his face as he studied the boy.

Taehyung felt tears prickle his eyes as a sob threatened to climb up his throat. He let out a shaky breath before slowly turning around and walking back towards the house, ignoring Jungkook's yells for him.

One thought lingered in his mind as he went to his bedroom and laid on the floor, staring lifelessly at the ceiling.

Maybe Jungkook and I just aren't meant to be together.

A/N: IM SO SORRY I WENT ON A LITTLE HIATUS BUT IM BACK NOW I SWEAR AGH school had me a little messed up with all the tests and exams and I just didn't have any time to write but now I do :D

how was your guys' holidays? I wanna connect with you all more so just comment how you're doing or whatever you want :)

as always, thanks for reading and I hope you have an amazing day

P.S. You're beautiful and deserve all the love in the world