Chapter 10

A/N: I'm tryna get paid on wattpad lmao everyone tag @wattpad and have them notice me plz

Ever since the kiss between Alex and Jungkook, Taehyung had distanced himself more than ever. He didn't know what to do or how to react, all he could do was cry and try his best to smother back the feelings he had.

As soon as he had snapped back to reality after seeing their lips touch, he ran to the bathroom and sulked for the rest of the night. Jungkook sat outside the bathroom door until he fell asleep.

Honestly, Taehyung didn't know why he was feeling this way.

It's not like Jungkook and him were dating, so it couldn't be described as cheating. Hell, I should be happy about this. It could be a chance to finally get over him, he thought.

"You guys ready?" Namjoon asked, standing next to the front door. He had heard about the drama that spread rapidly throughout the house, and decided to try to ease the tension by taking the boys out to dinner.

Taehyung released a silent sigh before standing up from his chair and shuffling behind the group of males.

Jimin and Yoongi seemed extremely happy with one another, while Hoseok awkwardly walked behind them with a slight frown. Jin and Namjoon held hands as they walked, side eyeing each other with adoration every now and then.

The car ride couldn't be any less awkward. Jimin sat between the two feuding boys, nervously fidgeting with his hands to distract himself. Taehyung stared out the window, trying to think of the surroundings outside rather than Jungkook.

He felt Jungkook's eyes burning into him, but he paid no mind. Jungkook would soon realize that him and Taehyung aren't meant to be together and finally move on, then so will Tae. Or so, that's what Taehyung thought.

As they arrived at the small restaurant, Taehyung managed to get thrown to the front of the group. He sighed and shuffled inside, dragging his feet behind him.

They all sat down at a large table, grabbing menu's to decide what they wanted. Hoseok stared at his menu with a determined face, his eyebrows scrunched and eyes squinted.

"Why are you staring at the menu like that?" Jungkook chuckled, causing a lump to form in Taehyung's throat at the beautiful sound.

Hoseok threw his menu down with a pout and turned to the brunette with a scowl. "Food is no joke! I want to have a real dinner tonight. Plus, Yoongi is paying so I need to get expensive stuff." Yoongi chuckled and hit Hoseok's arm, who blushed in return. Jimin's jaw clenched.

"Everyone know what they want?" Namjoon asked after gazing over the menu. The boys all hummed and nodded at him, content with their decisions.

Namjoon called over a waitress before telling his order with a soft smile. The waitress smiled back at him as she wrote down his order, then turning to Taehyung. He was looking off into space, mind far away.

In reality, he was thinking about Jungkook. But he would never admit that.

He widened his eyes in shock as Namjoon shook him back into reality. He apologized before quietly saying a random order, not really feeling in the mood to eat. He wasn't feeling in the mood for anything, honestly.

Twenty minutes later the large table was filled with a plethora of food. Hoseok seemed overjoyed, a large smile spreading across his face. Taehyung stared at his soup, not bothering to even try it. He used his spoon to swirl the broth back and forth, entranced by his own sadness.

The dinner was almost completely silent, except for a couple of casual conversations between a couple of the boys. Taehyung didn't talk once.

As they piled back into the car, Jimin decided to sit in the back as he usually did. This left Taehyung and Jungkook to sit next to each other in the middle.

Taehyung frowned at his but shrugged and hopped into the car. There was nothing he could do. He stared out of the window as Jin started the car and began to drive home, softly humming a tune.

Suddenly, Taehyung felt a weight on his shoulder. He instantly knew what it was without even looking. What else could it even be?

He panicked and flung his hands up, pushing the younger boy to the opposite door. Jungkook's head hit the window roughly and bounced off of it, surprisingly not even cracking the tough glass.

Jin halted the car to a quick stop, pulling everyone slightly forward a bit. Jungkook let out a groan of pain as he clutched the side of his head.

"What the fuck?!" Jimin practically screamed at Taehyung. The red heads eyes were wide with fright. He didn't mean to hurt Jungkook.

He just wanted to distance himself, so that he didn't ruin anything else.

Voices screaming at Taehyung filled the car to the brim. He remained silent, still staring at the youngest boy who was clearly in a lot of pain. His mind went blank as he felt tears rush to his eyes before quickly sniffing them back.

Why do I always ruin everything?

A/N: this chap is literal ass but idec lol i'm super busy with school ;u; I do have a 100 GPA tho so yay! only 4 more chapters left of truth ahhh I can't wait :,) lowkey waiting to finish this so i'll have more time to work on happy ending & love yourself so yayy

hope you have a wonderful day/night, and as always thanks for reading :) stay beautiful!