Prologue

Dipper stood there, tears gathering in his eyes. He quickly wiped them away with his sleeve, refusing to allow anyone to see him cry. Let alone in front of the man who had just stepped through the portal. Dipper barely even registered when Gruncle Stan told them he was his twin brother. He was too distracted by his own thoughts.

   Mabel... How could she? She trusted Stan over him! Their shady as hell uncle over her own twin brother! She betrayed him! All the signs pointed to Stan building a doomsday device, and yet she refused to listen to logic, like always! What had Dipper done to deserve this? He couldn't fathom why she didn't trust him. Why? Why? Why?!

  He suddenly couldn't stand to be in the same room as those that caused his pain. Without a word, Dipper left, dropping the previously mysterious journal. He could barely stand to look at the ratty thing now. To see what it now represented.

After several silent moments avoiding agents that were around the Shack, Dipper walked to the forest, not bothering to pay attention to where he was going. He couldn't stop thinking about what had just occurred; the betrayal. He kept walking, expertly dodging various roots and fallen branches on the forest floor. He'd walked through this forest more times than he could count, so he wasn't worried about getting lost. Eventually, he made it to a clearing. Only then did Dipper realize that his emotional turmoil combined with walking for a few miles had left him exhausted. He shuffled over to the other side of the clearing, sitting on top of a moss covered tree stump.

   And, what he had refused to let himself think about before, caught up with him. Tears streamed down his face almost instantaneously. They fell freely, dampening his shorts. His tears quickly escalated into sobs. And he hated it. He hated how weak he was. He hated that he couldn't hold back the tears. Dammit, why? Why Mabel? Why couldn't you just trust me?

   "Wow, Pine Tree. You don't look so hot." Came an unnatural voice from above him. Dipper froze. No, it couldn't be. "But it is kid! Miss me?" Bill Cipher asked, laughing hysterically. Slowly, Dipper looked up. He saw that all color had been drained from the world, himself and that bastard dream demon aside.

    "What the hell do you want?" The boy growled out between clenched teeth. He tried desperately to wipe away the remanence of tears, not wanting to look weak. Unfortunately for him, the tears refused to be wiped away.

   "Wow Pine Tree, if I didn't know better, I'd say you didn't want to see me." The dream demon cackled. Dipper could of sworn that if Bill had a mouth, he would be smirking. That only served to infuriate Dipper even further.

   "Go away Bill." He growled, shocked at how angry he sounded. Dipper shoved the thought to the back of his mind to think about later. "I'm not in the mood." He grit out.

   "No~pe" Bill responded, popping the 'p.' "Besides Pine Tree," He drawled, coming closer to where Dipper sat, "you don't look so hot. Good ol' Sixer gotcha down?" It took Dipper a few moments to realize 'Sixer' was Gruncle Stan's twin. At the thought of his uncle, Dipper felt his anger rise even further. Bill seemed to take notice of this. "Thought so. Y'know, kid, I could help you." He said offhandedly.

   "No way." Dipper immediately responded. "I am not making a deal with you. Not again." At this, the psychotic dream demon chuckled.

   "Who said anything about a deal?" These words set off warning bells in Dipper's mind. Bill Cipher, do something for free. That didn't add up. At these thoughts, Bill burst into uncontrollable laughter.

   Dipper suddenly woke with a scream, insane laughter echoing in his mind. He immediately took in his colorful surroundings. So Bill had let him go. He couldn't help but wonder what the hell Bill had been talking about. Looking up, he saw that the sun had begun to set. Brushing off his shorts upon standing, he braced himself to see those in the Mystery Shack. Dipper didn't know if he'd ever be prepared to face Mabel again.

   Still in the Mindscape, Bill floated, watching the boy go. As the dream demon stared at Dipper's receding back, he spoke. "Oh Pine Tree. If only you knew what was to come. You will come to me, sooner than you think..."

A/n: Hey guys! I hope you liked the prologue for my new story! Please comment what you think!