A Queen is Born

Ford breathed out a quiet, yet heavy sigh of remorse. Mabel would never forgive him for this, assuming she had survived.

He shook his head. No! He couldn't think like this. One shot and this would all be over. Perhaps Dipper could be saved, should he get out of the shot. Maybe, with some convincing, the townspeople would forgive Dipper's obvious betrayal.

Slowly, Ford close one eye, concentrating on the back of the dream demon's head. He prayed that Dipper wasn't in front of the now humanoid Bill.

   He pulled the trigger.

~~~~~~~~~~Line~Break~~~~~~~~

Dipper cackled, head thrown back. The people of Gravity Falls were frantically running from the eye-bats Bill had summoned, while others were hit by the wave of pure madness, its unnatural color covering the citizens as they began to chase and attack others.

It was brutal.

It was chaotic.

It was beautiful.

The other demon's laughter joined his own, creating a mad cacophony of noise.

Hair on Dipper's neck stood up, causing his crazed laughter to cut off suddenly. He took in his surroundings, scanning for the threat he knew was there. The panicked cries of the townspeople still rang out, and the now animated objects still wreaked havoc on the town. But there. On the one tower still unmoved. Dipper saw a blue light, quickly growing in size. Aimed at Bill.

It all happened in a second.

Dipper grabbed Bill's arm, spinning him slightly until their sides' faced the bell tower. Dipper leaned back as far as his body would allow, mentally urging Bill to do the same. He did. They held on to the other's arm, creating a large space between their chests. But, it was more than enough for the blast to pass harmlessly between the two. The two stood up straight, both staring at where the blast had come from. Or rather, from who.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my old pal Sixer!" The dream demon's voice was dripping with sarcasm. "You could've had me there, but alas! You failed. Again."

"Bill!" Sixer shouted, still holding a large weapon. "Give me back my nephew!"

"Oh Fordsy," Dipper laughed now at the absurdity of his words, "I thought you were supposed to be intelligent!" He was cackling now, nearly uncontrollably.

"Hate to break it to you, Sixer, but Pine Tree's here of his own free will. Can't say you gave him that luxury." Bill's voice was just above a growl now, blue fire beginning to erupt from his palms. He snapped his fingers, a blue glow surrounding the old man. He quickly forced him upwards, above the group of otherworldly demons.

"Put me down!" He demanded, struggling uselessly against the magic that encased him. "Dipper!" He eventually shouted, having given up on escape. "How could you do this? Betray the town, betray your family!" Dipper's eyes narrowed dangerously. How dare that bastard say he betrayed them! They were the ones who cast him aside, the ones that didn't trust him! He was the one who forcibly took him from the town, and tortured him!

"Shut up," he hissed, "Shut up! Shut up!" The ground beneath him began to crack, his emotions running wild. "You bastard! You don't have the right!" Green flames spat out of his palms, similar to that of tiny explosions. His mind was running wild, pain and betrayal the only recognizable emotions. "You didn't seem so concerned with family when you tied me down! When you tried to rip the magic from my body with that damned rock!"

"Dipper, think! You're not yourself!" Ford seemed almost desperate now. "Listen to me!"

"I don't listen to lies." The magic that swirled around Dipper calmed immediately with his words, as if knowing the finality of them.

"Oh, Sixer," Bill began to clap slowly, though his visible eye gave away his fury. "To think, it could've been you who brought this about. There was a time when your sixth finger would have allowed you a place among us," He clapped once more sharply, walking up behind Dipper and placing a hand on his shoulder. "But now, I've got someone far better, stronger. Someone I actually like. Pine Tree here is everything you could never hope to be." Dipper glared at the man, something akin to pity in his eyes. So many had thought this man was a genius, when he was barely above average. It was sad, truly sad.

"But what to do with you," Bill continued, head cocked to the side. "Perhaps I could turn your body to gold, eternally frozen in your disgrace." Fear spread over Ford's face, the hopelessness of his situation finally dawning on him. "Maybe I could skin you for a new rug? No, too humane." Bill snapped his fingers, an idea fitting enough to excite him. "I know! I'll remove your tongue, and lock you away in a cage, so you can see how incredible the nephew you abandoned is." Dipper grinned, loving the torment that was sure to befall the man. No longer would he try to feed him lies.

Bill brought the man down from where he'd been floating, until he was eye level with the demon. Slowly, Bill reached his hand forward in front of Sixer's mouth, quickly yanking it back. Sixer threw his head back and screamed, loud and long. And it was music to Dipper's ears.

"Now that that is out of the way, we need a castle." Bill cackled, turning away from the still floating man.

"We?" Dipper asked, also turning away from the pathetic excuse of a scientist in front of him.

"Why of course, Pine Tree. After all, every king needs his queen." Dipper blushed heavily at the words. Bill however, just smirked, once again turning away. He raised his arms in front of him, a pyramid rising from the ground as his arms rose higher, higher.

Despite his still very present blush, Dipper felt a grin split across his face.

It was time. No more set backs. It was finally beginning.