Accumulation

Dipper bit out his frustration, his concentration having broken for the fifth time. It seemed like practicing magic was out of the question. His mind was far too preoccupied by his concerns with Mabel. What if she failed? If it was too well hidden? What if Mabel couldn't find it, and simply gave up?

And it seemed that nothing could avert his thoughts. He should know; Dipper had been trying for hours. By this point, his only hope was for Bill to come and harass him, but he'd been suspiciously absent since their conversation upon Mabel's departure.

A sigh escaped from his lips, irritation quickly rising.

Since he'd begun learning magic, Dipper found himself steadily growing stronger. He wasn't anywhere near Bill's abilities, but he could do things he'd only ever dreamed of. It was exhilarating, knowing that he was powerful, in ways that no one in Gravity Falls could hope to match. At least, no one human.

Laughter bubbled up in Dipper's throat. With every passing day, it sounded more and more like Bill's psychotic cackle, but Dipper couldn't be bothered to care. Without a thought, he allowed his magic to well up in his palms, bright green flames crackling in his hand. Dipper cackled, allowing the fire to spread. In a matter of seconds, the old wood ignited, consuming the living room. He watched it spread, a crazed grin splitting his face. As the flames spread further, grew higher, Dipper stood in the centre of it all. Only one thought crossed his mind;

I did this.

"Damn Pine Tree, I leave you for one minute, and you set the house on fire!" Came the familiar sound of Bill's cackle. "Incredible!" Dipper chucked at the praise, grin unable to spread any further. "I knew you were special kid."

Dipper laughed at that, the usual worries and doubts that had weighed him down for so much of his life having vanished. He was strong, powerful.

"Hey kid, Shooting Star's on her way here, and unless you want her to see just how strong you are, you better go."

Dipper woke up to those words, seeing his flames still raging throughout the home. He cackled again at his handiwork. But, unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. With a simple flick of the wrist, the green fire vanished, leaving nothing but smoke and ash in its wake.

As Dipper walked out of the barely standing cabin, he found himself steeling himself for the meeting. Had Mabel succeeded? Had she been caught? Maybe Sixe-Ford had warned her of what they planned to do?

Quickly, Dipper walked to the clearing that had unofficially become their meeting spot. And he waited. Though he was sure that it was only a matter of minutes, it felt like an eternity. Doubts of Mabel's ability plagued his thoughts, making his irritation rise. He needed that rift.

"Dipper!"

He whipped around at the voice, watching as Mabel ran towards him. Where was the rift?

"Dipper!" She shouted again, panting upon reaching where he stood. Her hands held her knees, breath heaving slightly. Her obvious exhaustion gave Dipper the view of a backpack that she carried. Perhaps the rift was in there?

"Mabel," he spoke blandly. "Do you have it?"

"Yup!" She faced him now, a beaming smile lighting up her face. She set the bag down, unzipping it in a matter of seconds. She reached in, retrieving the rift that Dipper so desperately wanted. "Here you go! The one and only, rift!" She shouted, presenting it to him in a rather unnecessary way. But he wasn't complaining. Without a word, he ripped it from her hands.

Dipper could feel Bill's presence behind him, though he was nowhere to be seen. And in one, swift movement, he threw it to the ground.

It smashed, shattered glass flying everywhere, but Dipper didn't care about that. He watched as the once contained rift between dimensions grew, steadily becoming a pair of slashes across the sky. Laughter quickly bubbled up in his throat, soon being joined by that of another.

"Dipper? What's happening?" Mabel's voice was small, fear colouring it, no matter how she tried to reign it in.

"Oh Shooting Star," Bill cackled, "I should thank you. Your betrayal made this so much sweeter!" He snapped his fingers, Mabel passing out immediately. "Come on Pine Tree, it's time to show these flesh bags just how powerful you are." With another snap of his fingers, Dipper began to float. He couldn't help but giggle at the sensation.

With every passing moment, Dipper could feel the air change, the two types of magic merging.

Looking down, he saw as the combination took its toll, statues and otherwise inanimate objects coming to life, beginning to run about and wreak havoc. Quite the sight to see. A cackle rose from his throat, unable to be held back.

This was going to be fun.