Winging It: The Pregnancy ~ {A Rizzoli & Isles Fanfic}

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this story! Votes, comments, shares, and follows are definitely appreciated! See ya for now! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abby's POV

I remember when I graduated from Boston Cambridge University, BCU for short. I had straight A's and was aiming towards becoming a medical examiner. When Dr. Maura Isles contacted me in my senior year, I was completely speechless. The Chief Medical Examiner contacted me for an internship? I didn't know what my life was. It was a dream come true. Well, almost.

On graduation day, it was a day full of different emotions. I was super psyched to start a new chapter of my life working for the fabulous Dr. Maura Isles, but I was also upset to be leaving my close friends. Shortly before the ceremony started, I received a phone call. It was Dr. Maura Isles. Okay, not only was I going to work with the most amazing homicide unit ever, but they were all going to be at my ceremony. Can you imagine how excited and nervous I was? I couldn't believe it!

When I first started here, I was welcomed with open arms from everyone. I first met Lieutenant Sean Cavanaugh and his girlfriend, Angela Rizzoli.

"Hello Ms. Abigail Farley. How are you today?" he asked me.

"Hi! I'm good, how are you?" I answered.

"Very well. May I introduce you to Detective Jane Rizzoli's mother, Angela? She runs the police cafe."

"How do you do?" I asked her.

"Hello Abigail. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask," she told me.

"Oh please, call me Abby!"

After our short little conversation, two detectives came down to the lobby. One of them I recognized, Detective Jane Rizzoli. She was eating a peanut butter and fluff sandwich. Angela noticed that Jane had marshmallow on her lip.

"Honey, let me get that," she said as she licked her finger and rubbed it on Jane's face, getting the marshmallow off.

"Ma! That's enough, stop that! I'm at work!" Jane whined.

"Oh that's right, you're a big girl now," Angela said sarcastically, making me laugh.

My giggle must've caught Detective Rizzoli's eye because she put her sandwich down and motioned towards me. She reached out her long arm and introduced herself. "Hey, I'm Jane Rizzoli. You must be Maura's new intern," she spoke.

I grabbed her hand and shook it. My palms were more moist than normal. I was so incredibly nervous and I don't know why. "Hi, I'm Abby," I replied.

The other detective reached out his arm and greeted, "Hi I'm Vince Korsak. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too," I said.

They were all so awesome. I don't know why I was so nervous. They are normal people just like my friends and me. I could tell I was going to fit right in here. As we all stood in a circle talking, I realized that someone was missing. I never met my boss, Dr. Maura Isles.

As if she read my mind, Jane interrupted the conversation that was going on and said, "I was just heading down to see Maura. Would you like to come?" I nodded my head in agreement. Before we left, I told everyone it was nice to meet them.

Jane was much taller than I was, at least 5'11". She had a good six inches over me- I had to look up to her. She has long, wild, dark curly hair that looked softer than a pillow. She was wearing a blue, v-neck t-shirt that was tucked into black pants. Her boots clicked as we walked to the elevator. Noticing how quiet I was, she turned to me and asked, "Where did you go to school?"